1" Hubcentric wheel spacers

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
I called Wheel Vintiques today ready to make an order. Turns out all the Olds rallye rims they sell are discontinued. Their web site needs to be updated.

https://www.wheelvintiques.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=oldsmobile
i was getting all excited. maybe they finally pulled their heads out and started selling them again. that sucks. several years ago the were bought out or bought some other wheel company and since then, they only offer the ss1, looks like a magnum 500 rim. not my style.
thanks for trying.
joe

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
The wheel bore of the G body OEM rims is 70.3 mm but the bore of my AR rims is 83.06 so I got hubcentric rings to fill in the void.

I have a set of factory '85 Buick GN rims in my garage that have about a 72.5mm bore so it doesn't seem to be all g-bodies.

jiho

Royal Smart Person
Jul 26, 2013
I have 17 X 8.5 wheels with 4.5 back spacing. I didn't need spacers or a frame notch. As usual I am confused. :rofl:

Yeah, I noticed that too. I have 17x8 with 4.5, no spacers or notch, fit fine. You not confused! :p

As for hub-centric, stud-centric .... The only load on the studs is the force trying to stretch them, which they resist, which is what clamps the wheel. But that assumes the wheel is flat against the brake, with the lug holes centered on the studs, and the nuts torqued properly. With alloy rims you're supposed to raise the torque a little (90-100 lb-ft versus 80, because alloys don't have the spring-like formations around the lug holes that steels do), and re-torque after 50-100 miles (because the alloy might "break in").

So I doubt pontiacgp's pic shows a problem just from putting wheels that aren't hub-centric on brakes that are. There's NO SUCH THING. If this were an issue, you'd see OEM steels getting warped around the center bore from the same forces! The little plastic rings would get torn to shreds!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
If anyone is interested I posted a set of spacers/adapters on the For Sale page.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor