1 Owner, 2 Owner, 3 Owner More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

L67ss

Royal Smart Person
Dec 8, 2016
I'm the fourth owner of my olds. Old couple bought it new to pull a Twinkie camper. Traded it in in 96. A friends mom bought it and had it till 03 when it had a small engine fire. Local drunk bought it, changed out plug wires, new brake pads and two new tires and sold to me for $400 in 04

Alerch

Master Mechanic
Jul 15, 2013
Goose creek SC
I'm the 2nd owner. 1st was an older lady was bought new in south carolina. She had passed and her son and his wife got it and sat in their garage for 18 years they didn't like it. I bought it in 2012 for $900 and drove it on the trailer and brought it home 12 hour ride each way. Since then I have done frame off just to rebuild it the way I wanted it. The south is the only place to get a car, zero rust and near perfect car to start with about 20k later its about done!

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
84slow- thanks. But the Son screwed me up. He signed the title as "Power of attorney" and his Dad's name. That voided the title and it took me six months of wrangling with the Title Bureau in Albany. They wanted me to dig him up and get a signature. Moral- never buy a car from a dead guy.

• Informative
Reactions: 1 user

fastSS

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 13, 2016
Good Morning FastSS & all; Last year I took pictures of every "A-G" I could find. Their posted here somewhere & I imagine that Blake will ask me again this year to take pictures? That being said, please reconsider bringing that middle aged automobile. But if you bring the Camaro then the auto-X becomes a WOW I should give this (Auto-X) a shot! I did 6 passes last year & my arms were a little sore & tired the next day! Good god it was FUN. Plans include Friday & or Saturday. Still up in the air witch car to take? I also belong to a group of Holden owners "The Chicago Holden Conection" (GTO's, G8's & ChevySS) & we are planing a meet in Kanasville (Eagle Lake) this June. If ya would like to brake bread with us on Michael's deck keep in touch. Ole' Bob.

I'll have to think about this, the Monte has 42K on it and a few issues, headliner falling down, the A/C compressor front seal leaks a lot, the brakes are all factory original as is the starter alternator radiator and even the water pump and thermostat so while it is all stock it worries me to take it very far, I can just imagine it deciding to lose it's coolant pulling into a show lol. Really the only thing I have changed is the fuel pump, plug wires, plugs and intake gaskets since it was new. The Camaro is very similar with 51K and all that has been replaced is the pads and rotors, we are planning on driving it to Sturgis this June for the Camaros in Sturgis show so I have to get that one ready for the drive. Nice to make your acquaintance and we should keep in touch and I would love to drop in at the Kanasville meet if we are in town that day.

RegalBegal

G-Body Guru
Jul 10, 2009
Goldsboro, NC
I'm the third owner. The car is from Brooklyn. My former friend bought it at a police auction for $200 then it sat in a field on Long Island for seven years collecting rust until he gave it to me.

• Winner
Reactions: 1 users

popeye1978

Greasemonkey
Jul 4, 2014
I think I may be the 6th owner ... car was titled 3 times between 1986 and 2008, when I bought the car in 2014 the Seller had not put the title in his name and he had a story of buying it from a kid who never got a chance to drive it, so I doubt that person had put the title in his name as well

Sundancer

Greasemonkey
Nov 1, 2015
Long Island, NY
  • 2nd owner here, delivered to a Pontiac Dealer in Westchester County, NY and now living comfortably in my garage in Nassau County, NY for the past 5 years
1985 Pontiac GP LE 50,000 original miles

Reactions: 3 users

81v8gp

Apprentice
Sep 14, 2009
First and only.

Attachments

• grand prix 3.jpg
    grand prix 3.jpg
    427.6 KB · Views: 73
  • Agree
  • Optimistic
Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor