1 piece door panels

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
1983 Diesel Malibu Wagon. Passed on it because it was so oily underneath; it would probably still be rust-free today if it did not go to the crusher.

Dixie Restoration Depot

Greasemonkey
GBodyForum Sponsor
Oct 24, 2016
Manchester, CT
We recommend the full door panels for hot rods, those who don't care about maintaining the factory look, and for people trying to stay within a budget. Installation can be a pain since they are pretty large. Out of the box, the arm rests are screwed in from the bottom, which makes things a bit more difficult. We disassemble the arm rests for painted panels and screw them in from the top during reassembly. With ABS plastic, we do not see the cracking that is more common with polystyrene. The defect rate on full door panels is very low.

• Informative
Reactions: 3 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
We recommend the full door panels for hot rods, those who don't care about maintaining the factory look, and for people trying to stay within a budget. Installation can be a pain since they are pretty large. Out of the box, the arm rests are screwed in from the bottom, which makes things a bit more difficult. We disassemble the arm rests for painted panels and screw them in from the top during reassembly. With ABS plastic, we do not see the cracking that is more common with polystyrene. The defect rate on full door panels is very low.
Do you all have any installed pics? Last time i was on your site i didn't see any. Thanks!

Reactions: 1 users

Dixie Restoration Depot

Greasemonkey
GBodyForum Sponsor
Oct 24, 2016
Manchester, CT
This is the only picture we have at the moment. It comes from a customer. If you need more detail, we can install them on our Monte and post pictures for you.

doorpanels.jpg

Reactions: 3 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
They certainly look nice. I wonder how they're constructed. Are they reinforced?

Last edited:

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
They certainly look nice. I wonder how they're constructed. Are they reinforced?
X2 on the construction Jack. I know they are made of ABS, but hopefully dixie resto will shed some light on that.

I've had a pic of them saved for awhile, i like the clean look of them over my factory cutlass panels. If it's gonna cost more thanthe 1pc panels to redo mine, i will post my originals for sale to help fund a set.

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
  • Agree
Reactions: 1 user

SSdeuce87

n00b
Jan 21, 2017

will these be made with the door speakers pods

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor