10 point roll cage??

Status
Not open for further replies.

gbodydude

Greasemonkey
May 27, 2008
can i use my stock dash with a 10 point roll cage?

bjohn07

Master Mechanic
May 9, 2010
ive helped a friend do his 10 point in a fox and kept the stock dash, with modifications of course. we had to cut a notch on each side for the tubuing.

1badbu

Greasemonkey
Jul 28, 2010
Kentucky
I've tried to figure out the same on both my cars (78' Malibu wagon-79' 2dr Malibu) and I just don't see how it would be possible.
An 8 point will fit alright,but there's to many things associated with the dash that are just in the way.Your blinker box and fuse box are right in the path to the frame outside where the bar runs.
You might relocate the fuse box,but loose your blinker box :?:
Then on the other side (passenger) it's about as impossible.
I don't see any benefit if you even try running the bars low to even installing a ten point.
The idea to having the ten point is to link the front horns to provide extra strength on the front upper cage bars,and to try and prevent the engine from entering the drivers compartment on front collisions .

Maybe someone else has a better answer,but this is just coming from my observations on the same question :?

gbodydude

Greasemonkey
May 27, 2008
i want to a hot rod fab shop and the guy said he can bend a cage to fit around my dash.and he can notch my frame also :)

gostwraith

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 6, 2009
Pull the dash out when he does you cage. Then notch the dash for the cage. If he fits it tight to the a-pillar and fire wall, there won't be much trimming to do

gbodydude

Greasemonkey
May 27, 2008
thank,i didn't think of that.

Chris Van

G-Body Guru
Nov 8, 2009
Middle Ga.
I have a 10 point cage with the stock dash in place. A friend of mine helped me and he did an awesome job of fitting the bars tight around the dash and the dash bar is almost invisible. It looks great. I'll try to get some pics up soon for ya.
If I had it to do over again though I would definately take the dash out and build the cage inside the car and then trim the dash to fit back into place. I doubt the dash in my car can ever come out now.

gbodydude

Greasemonkey
May 27, 2008
ya,any pics well help me out.

Chris Van

G-Body Guru
Nov 8, 2009
Middle Ga.
0913001910.jpg
[/img]

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor