12 bolt for 150$

Status
Not open for further replies.

84clonewars

G-Body Guru
Dec 3, 2010
Chicago, IL
just saw a local ad for a 12 bolt rear from 68-72 a body for $150 should I buy it just to have because that seems sort cheap?

84cutlass383

Master Mechanic
Nov 24, 2009
Oklahoma City
i say get it for that price. in order to make it work for our gbodies u have to get umi uppers and get different wheels due to the rear being 4in wider. so u got sum room to work with. i bought one for 350 without doing my homework....dumb so i cut my losses and found a gbody 8.5

84clonewars

G-Body Guru
Dec 3, 2010
Chicago, IL
84cutlass383 said:
i say get it for that price. in order to make it work for our gbodies u have to get umi uppers and get different wheels due to the rear being 4in wider. so u got sum room to work with. i bought one for 350 without doing my homework....dumb so i cut my losses and found a gbody 8.5

Yea if I got it I wouldn't care about the width since I have to buy wheels anyways and I planned on going to adjustable control arms anyways. I'm using my 8.5 that was for my Hurst on my Regal daily driver so the 12 bolt would be a fantastic replacement for the Hurst. If I did go the 12 bolt route I would do big disc brakes on it as well. Thanks for the input.

Black Sheep

Master Mechanic
Sep 24, 2010
Waynesville, Ohio
Do your homework. Not all "12 bolts" are 12 bolts. Chevy and Olds are different, not sure on Pontiac or Buick.

84clonewars

G-Body Guru
Dec 3, 2010
Chicago, IL
Black Sheep said:
Do your homework. Not all "12 bolts" are 12 bolts. Chevy and Olds are different, not sure on Pontiac or Buick.

Will do thanks. He says its from a Chevy in the ad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor