12 BOLT REARS

Status
Not open for further replies.

DEEROCK

n00b
Jan 11, 2007
I'VE BUILT A 84 CUTLASS, WITH A SBC 400,PUSHING ABOUT 550 HP, MUNCIE M21, I ALREADY HAVE BLOWN 2 10 BOLT REARS, AND TWISTED THE CENTER MEMBER OUT OF ONE, I DON'T WANT TO USE A SPOOL, AND I HAVE A 12 BOLT FROM MY 70 CUTLASS THAT I WELDED THE TUBES ON , IS THERE A BOXED TRAILING ARM KIT I COULD PURCHASE FOR THIS SET UP?

ryanwitski

Master Mechanic
Nov 5, 2006
OH
in my opinion get tubular ones, get th adjustable on the top so you can fit them just how you want to with the angle. boxed ones can bind unlike tubular with the "johnny joints". also the tubular ones are much stronger and lighter. I know a couple of people that have put chevelle 12 bolt rears in their g body with this concept. good luck. (I want to use the same motor you are using, does the frame twist at all?)

DEEROCK

n00b
Jan 11, 2007
ryanwitski said:
in my opinion get tubular ones, get th adjustable on the top so you can fit them just how you want to with the angle. boxed ones can bind unlike tubular with the "johnny joints". also the tubular ones are much stronger and lighter. I know a couple of people that have put chevelle 12 bolt rears in their g body with this concept. good luck. (I want to use the same motor you are using, does the frame twist at all?)

MINE HAS NOT TO MY KNOWLEDGE, IF YOU ARE DOING THIS IN THE EL CAMINO YOU HAVE POSTED,THE ONLY PROBLEM YOU WILL HAVE IS TRACTION UNLESS YOU USE LADDER BARS OR SOME OTHER KIND OF TRACTION DEVICE, ALTHOUGH I WOULD BE A LITTLE WORRIED ABOUT PUTTING THAT KIND OF POWER IN A G BODY WITH T TOPS UNLESS YOU PUT A CAGE IN THE CAR.

RedHotRegal

Master Mechanic
Mar 26, 2006
Ontario, Canada
check ebay for South Side Machine(SSM) they made a kit to convert your axle but they went out of business. You might get lucky though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor