12's with a 350??

Status
Not open for further replies.

D's350GP

Apprentice
Aug 14, 2006
The heads and pistons are stock, the cam has a little more lift on it (485 int/ex). The car will see the track every once and a while, but it's mainly a daily driver.

FLY_THE_BOWTIE

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 15, 2007
norman ,ok
ok you are gonna need better heads and more compression and probably a bigger cam(depends on cam specs) to get that car in the 12s. when you say stock, wha year and what did engine come in from the factory?

c_unit productions

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 5, 2007
florida
Chevyman85 said:
D's350GP said:
how can you drive that on the street with 4.56 gears? i'd end up getting 6mpg!
Its built for the tack. You want to be at the the top end of your gearing when you cross the line. 4.56's are perfect if you want low E/T's!
thanks thats right about the gearing. gas mileage is the least of my worries. u have to give to get if u know what i mean. it could actually stand about a 5.00 gear cause it only turns about 5200 through the 1/4 mile traps and can rev easily 7200.

FLY_THE_BOWTIE

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 15, 2007
norman ,ok
c_unit productions said:
Chevyman85 said:
D's350GP said:
Its built for the tack. You want to be at the the top end of your gearing when you cross the line. 4.56's are perfect if you want low E/T's!
thanks thats right about the gearing. gas mileage is the least of my worries. u have to give to get if u know what i mean. it could actually stand about a 5.00 gear cause it only turns about 5200 through the 1/4 mile traps and can rev easily 7200.

man what do you got a 33inch tall tire?

FLY_THE_BOWTIE

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 15, 2007
norman ,ok
ok it has 8.5-1 compression. do you still have the heads that came on it? cause i bet they were a pair that i mentioned earlier?

c_unit productions

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 5, 2007
florida
FLY_THE_BOWTIE said:
c_unit productions said:
Chevyman85 said:
D's350GP said:

man what do you got a 33inch tall tire?
no i got a 28" tire on it. the idea for drag racing is to be at ur peak when u go thru the traps. anything else is just not getting it done. its easier on the motor not to do that but thats why u build a car to run that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor