14 's to 15's on a stock suspension

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gonzo1970

G-Body Guru
Sep 30, 2018
My car was stock, 51k original miles (62k now - daily driver - I don't buy cars to make them garage trophy's).

Suspension was toast from sitting, so I replaced it all with AC Delco and Moog (Eg. not the cheap china crap) - everything but the A-Arm Bushings and the Ball Joints, and Springs - which are on "the list" to get to.

I Had the stock 147x Rally II's (Still have them, new BFG Radial T/A's (For sale)).

I just went to 15x8 rear, 255/60 and front 15x7 215/65 Cooper Cobra's on the old school Cragar SS's.

I can't BELIEVE what a difference it made. Better ride, better handling, better Every-damn-thing.

I was Absolutely stunned. I had no idea the swap would make THAT much of a difference.

Not as "Floaty" or "Bouncy". It's like the car was made for 15's but the 14's were put on it as a "meh" thing.

No rubbing and the stance looks good to me. Might contemplate dropping the front a Touch, but the ride is so nice, Im probabaly going to just leave it.

Honest to God, its like the suspension just went "Ahh... thank you, this is what I was meant to have"

I'm not joking around. Absolutely Stunningly, Incredible Difference..

I'm happy.
I'm going to go sit over there and be happy while I stare at my car.

:)

-Gonz
happy.jpg

Reactions: 2 users

Gonzo1970

G-Body Guru
Sep 30, 2018
Sorry for the crappy pic.. phone pic

-Gonz

spidereyes455

G-Body Guru
Mar 6, 2013
Northeastern PA
Looks good. I was never really one for Cragars but it keeps it period correct. In fact the way the pic came out if it wasn't for all the soccer mom shitboxes in the background you'd think that it was taken in the 80's.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor