Nov 4, 2012
Re: Need help with 1968 Sears tractor project-

Hahaha I think I can handle that. :rofl:

hurst1979olds

G-Body Guru
Feb 19, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA

Ive always had a thing for small engines. I had alot of older Snapper push mowers. I still have one that I plan on getting running this year which was my grandfathers when I was growing up. I was more excited when I sold my 4wheeler and bought a new Cub Cadet rider.

I will be watching this for sure to see what you do with it. :popcorn:

Nov 4, 2012

When I was a little kid I was absolutely obsessed with lawnmowers, so I guess this is the remnants of that childhood obsession haha. It looks about the same right now, and definitely needs a lot of fine tuning but it now runs and drives. Future plans include bigger mud tires, de-monkeyed ignition system, and a tractor exhaust stack. Here's an up-to-date picture-

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    606.2 KB · Views: 352
Nov 4, 2012
I know I said I wasn't doing anything in the way of cosmetics, but I might have lied a little. Or a lot lol. I decided to repaint the hood, seat and fenders. I had to cut a 1/2" off the back of the hood as it kept hitting the steering wheel and wouldn't let the hood close (see previous picture). I also got new 25" Kenda Bearclaw ATV tires in place of the 22.5" Sears turf savers. Enough B.S., here's a picture, I'll get a better one up once the tires are mounted.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    248.9 KB · Views: 299

hurst1979olds

G-Body Guru
Feb 19, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Tires will be sweet on there. This is the time of year I get my deals. I love when people go to get their old mowers running and they just end up throwing them up, and I'm there at the curb to pick them up.

Nov 4, 2012
Got them mounted after work. Let's just say they rip- mom and dad are pretty mad at me for tilling half of their back yard with them :mrgreen:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    279.8 KB · Views: 270

86 Grand prix

Master Mechanic
Nov 13, 2012
Chocowinity NC
Looking good! That thing will pull a house if you can get traction.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
joesregalproject said:
Got them mounted after work. Let's just say they rip- mom and dad are pretty mad at me for tilling half of their back yard with them :mrgreen:

do you live on the other side of the world now?..

file.php

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor