1973 qjet on a 85 monte??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Read the books. Doug Roe's book is great, as is Cliff Ruggles'. Roe's book is a little more basic. Once you understand them, you can disassemble 10 carbs, put the parts in a pile, and build your perfect carb out of them. Q-jets are the most adaptable carb ever made and GM used zillions of them, for good reason.
51pB-9XraaL._SL500_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-big,TopRight,35,-73_OU01_SS100_.jpg
61TBEng3NyL._SL500_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-big,TopRight,35,-73_OU01_SS100_.jpg

BPTTONE420012

G-Body Guru
Jan 20, 2014
FAIRFIELD COUNTY, CT
if i was going to buy a carb, and couldnt find a good qjet, i would get a STREET DEMON... kinda funny looking but perform BEAUTIFULLY

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
The Street Demon is an improved, all new, different castings version on the Carter Thermoquad. It will also need their throttle and TV cable bracket with a 2004R. Demon eliminated a few of the Thermoquad's weak areas and added a better choke. Due to that improved choke, a drop base air cleaner will not clear. I have heard nothing but good reviews on those carbs.

BPTTONE420012

G-Body Guru
Jan 20, 2014
FAIRFIELD COUNTY, CT
olds307 and 403 said:
The Street Demon is an improved, all new, different castings version on the Carter Thermoquad. It will also need their throttle and TV cable bracket with a 2004R. Demon eliminated a few of the Thermoquad's weak areas and added a better choke. Due to that improved choke, a drop base air cleaner will not clear. I have heard nothing but good reviews on those carbs.

they are pretty badass, and you can run a drop base air cleaner but you have to add in their spacer, they sell a whole kit, carb, linkage, and air cleaner for about $400 bucks... best part about them is they are plug n play... just hook it up, and off you go, no messing around trying to dial in a/f...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor