1978 century build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
I took it apart because the frame was bad. I am going 15 inch wheels with stock buick hub caps.
Are you leaving the interior alone? I would all stock if you do tack and gauges be creative and hide them or use something GM like old cop car gauges it's so sweet don't make any tell tail sines oh and it's not ugly it's a different kind of classy with a really bad additud!

Rus

Master Mechanic
Oct 7, 2016
Queensbury, NY
Are you leaving the interior alone? I would all stock if you do tack and gauges be creative and hide them or use something GM like old cop car gauges it's so sweet don't make any tell tail sines oh and it's not ugly it's a different kind of classy with a really bad additud!

I have a five window gauge cluster out of a turbo regal. Plan to modify clock to a tach setup and the turbo light to be my shift light. I plan to use auto meter gauges with the factory dash faces. Will it work, don't know but will try. Interior staying totally stock, just refreshed.

Reactions: 1 users

Rus

Master Mechanic
Oct 7, 2016
Queensbury, NY
IMG_3329.JPG
Looks like upgrading engine before I put it back together. A nice fresh rebuilt 67 gs 400 motor .30 over, dual quad, ta 212 cam and long tube headers. Just putting bolts in to see what I need before I assemble it all.

• Winner
Reactions: 4 users

Rus

Master Mechanic
Oct 7, 2016
Queensbury, NY
Quick update. Delayed as visiting car shows recently. I got the Ta Performance dual exhaust with some dynomax mufflers. Got some wildwood front brakes and installing the 90 Chevy caprice brake booster and master cylinder and 93 jeep steering shaft. I have to massage my headers a little to make them fit. I got a hi torque starter. Going to keep putting parts on frame with hope of putting body on frame next weekend.

Reactions: 2 users

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
glad you're still making progress on this, and looking forward to seeing more!

btw, are you able to keep that intake hidden under the hood, or is the sleeper look evolving?

• Agree

Rus

Master Mechanic
Oct 7, 2016
Queensbury, NY
glad you're still making progress on this, and looking forward to seeing more!

btw, are you able to keep that intake hidden under the hood, or is the sleeper look evolving?

Still looks like it can all fit under the hood. Really don't want it to evolve from beyond a sleeper if I can help it.

Thanks and hope to get photos this weekend.

Rus

Master Mechanic
Oct 7, 2016
Queensbury, NY
Here are a couple of photos

First one is a photo of b body booster and master cylinder

Third one is of motor with headers on my car

Second is a frame shot of all
IMG_4761.JPG
IMG_4763.JPG
IMG_4764.JPG
all

• Winner

Rus

Master Mechanic
Oct 7, 2016
Queensbury, NY
I put the two parts together today and torqued the motor to factory specs..
Need to get new bushings as busing set I have is not correct.

Attachments

• IMG_5191.JPG
    IMG_5191.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 253
  • IMG_5192.JPG
    IMG_5192.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 238
  • IMG_5193.JPG
    IMG_5193.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 243
  • IMG_5195.JPG
    IMG_5195.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 226
  • IMG_5196.JPG
    IMG_5196.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 236
  • IMG_5200.JPG
    IMG_5200.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 230
  • Winner
Reactions: 5 users

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
looking good! :cool:

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor