1978 Cutlass

Steven94

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 3, 2024
IMG_1028.jpeg

ELCAM

Royal Smart Person
Jun 19, 2021
The 12 gauge wires coming from the C100 connector look like this.
wiring.jpg

Reactions: 1 users

ELCAM

Royal Smart Person
Jun 19, 2021
From your original post number 3 is the HEI +12V. Splice not needed.

What can you tell me about the wires in picture 4?

Steven94

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 3, 2024
Didn’t see this one yesterday. Comes from the c100 conector. Brown wire connects to black wire.
IMG_1034.jpeg

ELCAM

Royal Smart Person
Jun 19, 2021
Brown that comes out of the same half of the C100 connector as the power in, HEI and starter solenoid wires is oil pressure sender with gauge, tan is for the oil pressure sender with light. The connector looks like it is Tan wire for the light not the gauge.

Gonna guess the black that is plugged into it was for the under hood light. Goes to the other half of the C100 connector for the lights, horn etc.

Reactions: 1 user

Steven94

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 3, 2024
Brown that comes out of the same half of the C100 connector as the power in, HEI and starter solenoid wires is oil pressure sender with gauge, tan is for the oil pressure sender with light. The connector looks like it is Tan wire for the light not the gauge.

Gonna guess the black that is plugged into it was for the under hood light. Goes to the other half of the C100 connector for the lights, horn etc.
Awesome!! I’ll let you know when I fire it up. Need to clean up the wiring and get some connectors. Thanks for the help!

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor