1978 Grand Am

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sucks that this happened Don. Like others have said, good that no one was hurt.
Was that an aluminum radiator support? And did you have the core to fender braces?
Hope you can get it repaired asap...

It could have been much worse..

79 wrecked.jpg

Last edited:
Sucks that this happened Don. Like others have said, good that no one was hurt.
Was that an aluminum radiator support? And did you have the core to fender braces?
Hope you can get it repaired asap...

It could have been much worse..

View attachment 89053
Holy sh*t, Kent.
What happened to that one? It looks like it got hit with a boulder.

Holy sh*t, Kent.
What happened to that one? It looks like it got hit with a boulder.

Not really sure what happened. Think it was hit by a truck. I spoke with, or emailed the owner several years back. He survived, but wan't in good shape. There is another picture of the car out there with a scale model of the car sitting on the hood. Looks as if it was a 1980

Reactions: olds307 and 403
Not really sure what happened. Think it was hit by a truck. I spoke with, or emailed the owner several years back. He survived, but wan't in good shape. There is another picture of the car out there with a scale model of the car sitting on the hood. Looks as if it was a 1980
I'm surprised the guy survived. I could understand him not being in very good shape afterward.

Thanks everybody! I'm OK.......my right foot hurt a little later in the day. The car is still sitting in my buddy's garage (towing company) as I await to hear from the insurance company. In the meantime, I have some questions regarding parts. The fenders........are they the same from 78-81 and even the 82-87 Bonnevilles? The inner fenders.........mine are metal.......what year did they change? Are other G-bodies compatible? And I'm guessing........the 78-80 nose/bumper pieces are hard to find? The upper control arms......I thought I read somewhere.........they are the same in other G-bodies........and S-10 trucks?

Good evening Don & all; I'm sorrry for your lose. And glad to hear that you are doing pretty good. You're in Eastern, Canada, yes? I see that your hood hinge is toast & your mention "A" arms. I've got some of those parts here (Wisconsin). They came off the Bronze Brick, my 79 Malibu. If I can help post up, I'll check in tomorrow, Ole' Bob.

• Winner
Reactions: fleming442
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor