1978 MALIBU "PROJECT TUMMY TUCK"

Status
Not open for further replies.

80ELCAMINOFLAKE

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 2, 2010
California So Cal
Update: Got my steal bradied line and the fitting they sent me sucked!!! so i had to find fitting and drove all around the world!!! LONG DAY!!!

So i went to two NAPA stores, and asked for #202x4 and they were not in stock, so we looked into #202x4 and nothing either, NAPA sent me to " The Hose Company" local and they didnt have the fittings either...So that company sent me to
"Long Beach Hydraulic Hose" and we were close but no fittings there...

So the "Long Beach Hydraulic Hose" company sent me to " Deering Industries" like one block away from where i work!! hahaaha :rofl: This place has top quality high performance plumbing and accessories and can build custom plumbing for most needs. for like hot rods, aircrafts, boats, motorcycles, etc...

Mitch was kool to deal with, he told me that all aftermarket gauges have a 1/8 thread fitting and is designed that way, Why? who knows,And that compression gauges cant be transformed to fit 1/8, but he found a way...goos thing he had the stuff lying around his shop.... :D :mrgreen:

The Equus gauge that i have is a compression gauge and it needs a little compression steal line to replace that plastic hose that comes with the Equus kit. If the little compression line is not connected then the back of the gauge correctly then it will leak and make a mess without the correct compression fitting...

Man if i knew that this was going to be a big mess i would of just got all autometer gauges..lmao, but i think we got it...so i will hold off on selling till i try it out.....

( But this is what Mitch came up with and sounds very good to me )

838ec548.jpg

Attachments

• deering.jpg
    deering.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 846

80ELCAMINOFLAKE

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 2, 2010
California So Cal
Heres alittle update, I know u guys want to hear what the mally sounds like with headers and Xpipe, I turned her on today to let the paint from the headers burn for abit, and it smoked alot, 5 mins later smoke was all gone and sounds good...Almost had my bro-in-law here today in the morning, but his punk *ss claims he forgot the welder at the shop...tomorrow after work going straight to his shop picking up welder!!! and bringing his *ss with me, this is all i need to kinda finish up my interior, stay tuned..

[youtube]8TzOqDXW1T0[/youtube]

84clonewars

G-Body Guru
Dec 3, 2010
Chicago, IL
80ELCAMINOFLAKE said:
Heres alittle update, I know u guys want to hear what the mally sounds like with headers and Xpipe, I turned her on today to let the paint from the headers burn for abit, and it smoked alot, 5 mins later smoke was all gone and sounds good...Almost had my bro-in-law here today in the morning, but his punk *ss claims he forgot the welder at the shop...tomorrow after work going straight to his shop picking up welder!!! and bringing his *ss with me, this is all i need to kinda finish up my interior, stay tuned..

[youtube]8TzOqDXW1T0[/youtube]

Man that thing sounds as good as it looks, good job fam

80ELCAMINOFLAKE

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 2, 2010
California So Cal
:mrgreen: Thanks guys,

Rich:

Yea its the fans turning on, if u look at the vid again at around the 10sec mark on the vid, u can hear the fans turn on and thats the whisle sound u hear...scared me for a bit...lol

richp85elco

Master Mechanic
Feb 3, 2011
Long Beach, CA
80ELCAMINOFLAKE said:
:mrgreen: Thanks guys,

Rich:

Yea its the fans turning on, if u look at the vid again at around the 10sec mark on the vid, u can hear the fans turn on and thats the whisle sound u hear...scared me for a bit...lol

you know what your right :rofl: It only starts when the fans turn on... When I put a carb spacer on mine it started whistling like that but loud as hell and it was cause the gaskets were too thin and didnt seal right.. Just looking out for ya, hope you get that floor fixed soon

80ELCAMINOFLAKE

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 2, 2010
California So Cal
91hrdbdy said:
hey bro how are you getting this to pass smog? Im moving to LA end of june and i know my bu wont pass smog, (no cat no smog stuff at all)

thanks for cking in :)

When u in cali Pm Me and we will take care of it..will give u more info wehn that time comes...lol :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor