Cali to Az
Killin it bruh! Paint laid creamy!!

Elco Warren
80z!

80ELCAMINOFLAKE

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 2, 2010
California So Cal
Thanks luke,warren and dave gettin there.

I drove the bu today and tried to burn rubber and nothing :twisted: brake and pedel to floor and nothing no movement in the rear... Noticed black smoke coming out tail pipes, not much, like if the Bu wants to turn off, also put all the way down in 1st foot on brake, let loose a bit and pedel to the floor!!! NOTHING.. Tried it a couple time!!! Hummm maybe my timing off? Carb off? Posi and 3.08's feel good, no whinning, good take off, just not burning my dayum tires!! Called Ace and he thinks my timings off??whats the correct number for timing? 8-10?? N e one?

jlcustomz

G-Body Guru
Nov 22, 2011
8 btdc was an average figure for 70's/ 80's small block from factory with fuel from that time period. 10 to 12 would probably be better. I believe that was set with vacuum advance disconnected(Sorry hadn't worken on a gen 1 engine in a while).You might try making a reference mark on distributor & play with setting by ear.If your starter drags when hot, you got too much advance.

Vacuum leaks are a big cause of power loss. got a vacuum gauge?

You could always plumb a windshield washer motor to the rear tires. :rofl: Seriously :twisted
3.08 is a prety high gear ratio for your big *ss wheels. I lost a bit of wheel spinning ease going from 25.5" to 28.5" tires.

80ELCAMINOFLAKE

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 2, 2010
California So Cal
Thanks Jlcustoms, but what a long day, so my timing was off, was at 5 degrees, so went to my bro in laws shop and advanced it to 12 degrees and WOWOWOWOWOW picked up quick, we did alot of adjustments to were i was confortable.. And happy with the results, im turning side ways know.. Lol, maybe a bugger carb later on down the road.. But the 600 cfm will do for know, as long as i can burn them tires lol thanks

80ELCAMINOFLAKE

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 2, 2010
California So Cal
Just alittle update: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

FC6814C9-CD78-4E08-A21B-C76CF6D36CC4-406-00000023D732CA7F_zps4b92cef9.jpg

[youtube]AGEkWc5wi3I[/youtube]

[youtube]rTGJ0K8dsM4[/youtube]

jlcustomz

G-Body Guru
Nov 22, 2011
Just saw your other thread from yesterday. A bigger carb wouldn't do much if anything without at least getting a stall , lower gearing, & maybe even another cam. Would hurt your economy a good bit too.

Tuned port fuel injection wold definitely give a nice low end boost,But it costs a bit to get one of those old systems swapped over reliably. Lower rear gearing may be the best thing right now.

Or a pair of windshield sprayer motors to the rear tires. 8)

80ELCAMINOFLAKE

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 2, 2010
California So Cal
Heres alittle vid update: just wanted to show both tired spinning :wink:

[youtube]_4_F5C0Liz0[/youtube]

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor