1978 Monte Carlo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 27, 2018
Hello group. I have a 1978 monte carlo. On the crossmember that holds the transmission up one of the side mounts to the frame has a bolt broken off flush. I have tried drilling with colbolt bits and an easyout. I cannot get the bolt out. In order to replace the side mount do I have to cut a hole in the floor from on top? Thank you.

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
A proper introduction and pictures are mandatory for nooby! You do that and I will help you.

• Disagree
Reactions: 1 user

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
A proper introduction and pictures are mandatory for nooby! You do that and I will help you.

No. They're not.

The bolts should go in and out without needing to drill holes in the floor. If you can get the head off (or the nut) I can't remember which direction they go ATM then it should come off. Unless I'm remembering wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor