1979 Drag El Camino project

Status
Not open for further replies.

AkWhtBst

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 9, 2011
Building a drag El Camino. Its a 79, fiberglass bumpers and hood. Everything else is steel but is gutted as much as possible.

I'm running a sbc with brodix track one heads, .630 lift solid roller cam, sv1 carb on Alcohol. Running a powerglide with a brake and a 4500 stall convertor. Fab nine rear axle with a spool and 4.10 gears, 28 inch tall slick.

Thats the jist of it and the pictures will do the rest.

Tim

Started with this....

24ql3xs.jpg

It was raced before and this is how it was when I bought it.

2885uf7.jpg

Powdercoated wheels.

33bpphi.jpg

Powder coated intake, sv1 Carb, and fenderwell headers.

2r5q052.jpg

Flange I built for the headers.

2wgywi0.jpg

Rear axle

2gx4kma.jpg

Finished bed floor and wheel tubs.

11tn4uu.jpg

Dash and gauges, I'm adding a fuel pressure gauge.

23qzyo5.jpg

AkWhtBst

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 9, 2011
Re: 1979 Elcamino Build

Painted the car a few weekends ago. This is fresh out of the home made booth.

2qs7b15.jpg

Engine and transmission installed.

2ppye4x.jpg

The front end is coming together.

j16gd3.jpg

Shot of the engine.

255kllh.jpg

Finally in the sun light!!

14w3z10.jpg

In between houses right now so space to finish the car is at a minimum. This is the tonneau cover that I built for the car with the car in the trailer with all of our boxes waiting to be moved in. The cover will have a fuel door added so I can fill the fuel cell, and will also be painted black. The chrome for the bed will also be painted black to match.

e9apnb.jpg

Shooting to have it fired up this weekend and to have it down the track 4th of July weekend.

Tim

85CutlassSalonRyder

Greasemonkey
Jun 4, 2011
Dallas,Texas
AkWhtBst said:
Got the car running, not ready for the track yet though. Here is a crappy video.

Tim
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5abdmT9 ... ata_player

Yo, man that looks like a spitting image of what I would do to an Elco if I had one! I'm talking same paint, guage cluster, engine (minus running alcohol), roll cage, bed cover and everything! I'm glad to see your version of my dream car, lol! Nice F-ing ride man!

AkWhtBst

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 9, 2011
Thanks, its been a lot of work but will be well worth it when I run it down the track!!

Tim

AkWhtBst

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 9, 2011
Thanks guys, the tonneau cover needs some minor work to fit perfect and still needs to be mounted.

Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor