Not open for further replies.

Chongo

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 31, 2013

boatshoes

Greasemonkey
Nov 10, 2011
Algonquin Illinois
I really considered doing big fender flares like yours. I wanted to section the front wheel well up 2" also so I could drive at lower heights. Just an idea. Keep up the cool work 8)

1979ratrod

Royal Smart Person
Dec 26, 2010
New Hampshire
boatshoes said:
I really considered doing big fender flares like yours. I wanted to section the front wheel well up 2" also so I could drive at lower heights. Just an idea. Keep up the cool work 8)
thanks man and yeah kinda just went crazy with it one day but its gunna be a ton of work still. saw the new pics of your camino and it looks nasty man! deserves to be in a magizine for sure!

1979ratrod

Royal Smart Person
Dec 26, 2010
New Hampshire

1979ratrod

Royal Smart Person
Dec 26, 2010
New Hampshire
just a few pics. got one side of the exhaust hung and did some more work on small stuff. still need a ton more work on the flares. oh and ill be building custom ground effects to incorporate the exhaust tip

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
Instead of ground effects have you considered just fabbing the exhaust tip into the quarter panel? Looks like its hanging too low so what if you raised it up, cut a hole in the bottom of the quarter panel and grafted it in there? You're already working in that quarter so now would be the time :idea:

jlcustomz

G-Body Guru
Nov 22, 2011
-83MONTESS- said:
Instead of ground effects have you considered just fabbing the exhaust tip into the quarter panel? Looks like its hanging too low so what if you raised it up, cut a hole in the bottom of the quarter panel and grafted it in there? You're already working in that quarter so now would be the time :idea:

Cuz steel ground effects are cool.

307 Regal

Royal Smart Person
Oct 21, 2009
Northern Indiana
Hey, how have you been liking those belltech drop spindles?

Ductape

n00b
Feb 10, 2013
Utah
Well, I must say that after reading through your build thread that I have some ideas that i'monna steal from you one day for my 79... haha

But the elco looks great dude.
I like the third brake light you put in, I'monna do the as soon as I can.
But I think I'll take your LED stripes under the hood idea and tweak it a bit... I thought about putting in the leds inside of the hood supports on the bottom of the hood and wiring them up to a hood trigger so they're always on when the hood is opedn, more of an affect in the nighttime.

But kudos to your build dude, all the custom sh*t looks pretty bad *ss if I do say so myself... haha.
Cheers man!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor