1979 grand prix 9000 miles. FOR SALE THIS WEEK ONLY!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dudeface

Master Mechanic
Aug 18, 2008
calgary alberta canada
1979grandprix said:
hello.

can someone steer me in thr right way on how to find out how many were built with this color combo, and options. someone told me this could be a rare care. and does every single bit of paperwork and orig title make it worth that much more. im talking build sheet and everything orig.

thanks

I recently called gm canada, and they gave me full specs and stats for my 1985 cutlass salon, cost me 60 bucks. found out I got " 1 of 298 " 1985 t top cutlass salons made for canada

Maybe you should phone your local pontiac dealer and ask them for a restoration packet, or a phone #. I am pretty sure they kept good records off that sh*t starting in the late 60s with the gto judges

1979grandprix

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 13, 2008
moline IL
i will look around and try to find out if it is rare or not. it has the 60/40 bench. no power windows or locks, 8 track, no tach, clock, rally sport package, comfort interior, custom ordered colors, heavy duty alt, and a hand ful of real odd ball stuff. my uncle was a farmer, and was the orig owner. he kept it running, but never drove it.

srercrcr

G-Body Guru
Jun 19, 2006
San Antonio, Texas
Don't waste too much money researching how many were built etc. As the original owner of a 78 green LJ, I know GPs and what's preferred.
MOST buyers will want bucket seats, t-tops, tach, console with shifter. Many have ripped off the vinyl tops so that tells you what that's worth. SOME, but not alot will appreciate comfort and all power, but since you lack PW and PL, that's not gonna help. The condition and low miles...everyone likes. The color few like. Your buyer will probably be someone who wants a GBody with lower miles and will pay extra extra for that. Start watching how sales of 78-80 GPs go on ebay.
Anyway, nice car.

srercrcr

G-Body Guru
Jun 19, 2006
San Antonio, Texas
BTW, the pin-striping is actually a fake, not hand-painted. Look closely, you'll see it's a tape applied. I'll bet it's in pristine condition.

srercrcr

G-Body Guru
Jun 19, 2006
San Antonio, Texas
There's a 78 GP on ebay now with 18,000 miles....has t-tops and leather. See what that sells for.

1979grandprix

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 13, 2008
moline IL
the pin stripe sure looks like paint, its almost transparent and almost see through it in spots. and you can see where they stoped and started, you can even see a tiny drip of paint in the corner at the end of the stripe. my brother is a body man and said its paint. and the orig bill says painted accent.

Thanks for the info. yes i know everyone wants the performance parts, but this is a good crusier.

78mali350

Royal Smart Person
May 13, 2007
Pratt, KS
its a solid car, i would ebay it. personally i don't think it's barrett jackson material but definatly should get a crowd on ebay

srercrcr

G-Body Guru
Jun 19, 2006
San Antonio, Texas
It's a clear tape about 3/8 inch, that has the white stripe in it. Check in the door jamb, it wraps around the edge. If you have a real paint stripe the cars been repainted. I repeat, I know GPs. Either way, it doesn't really matter.

Silent viewer

Royal Smart Person
May 9, 2007
i dont care for grand prixs too much but i have to say that is a hell of a nice car. i would say that you can for sure make some cash on that one. i am going to guess you can pull 15 grand out of it pretty easy but like everything you have to find the person willing to pay that. hell, in that consition it may be worth more?? detail the engine bay though, that will make a big difference i think?? great score!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor