1979 Malibu Wagon On Ebay.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I hope whoever purchased the car makes him or herself known on the forum. I don't mind the color much, it's pretty unique. It seems to go fairly well with the tan interior.
Several years back, I remember a few really nice Malibu wagons selling for more than that .

Reactions: 1 users

blk7gxn

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2019
I hope whoever purchased the car makes him or herself known on the forum. I don't mind the color much, it's pretty unique. It seems to go fairly well with the tan interior.
Several years back, I remember a few really nice Malibu wagons selling for more than that .
Your absolutely correct, and the prices keep on rising for sure! Its defiantly a niche vehicle with a strong calling, fetching good money for fine examples. I just love the wagons, my first car was a 1979 Malibu wagon, silver with blue vinyl interior, 200 CI 3.3L V6 automatic. I loved that car until I found a 1983 Pontiac Bonneville wagon I liked better at the time, two tone emerald green and mint, power everything with the Diesel 5.7 Old's V8. Wish I had some of my old cars back, who knew they would be worth what they are now! o_O

Longroof79

G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Your absolutely correct, and the prices keep on rising for sure! Its defiantly a niche vehicle with a strong calling, fetching good money for fine examples. I just love the wagons, my first car was a 1979 Malibu wagon, silver with blue vinyl interior, 200 CI 3.3L V6 automatic. I loved that car until I found a 1983 Pontiac Bonneville wagon I liked better at the time, two tone emerald green and mint, power everything with the Diesel 5.7 Old's V8. Wish I had some of my old cars back, who knew they would be worth what they are now! o_O
Will,
If I recall, you have a nice fleet of vehicles.;) Nice examples of G-body wagons have become rather few and far between these days, as we're finding out more and more.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user

blk7gxn

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2019
Will,
If I recall, you have a nice fleet of vehicles.;) Nice examples of G-body wagons have become rather few and far between these days, as we're finding out more and more.
You may be correct ...a couple... :ROFLMAO: and for sure!! Your wagon is one of those, defiantly top notch and beautiful!

• Agree

Longroof79

G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
You may be correct ...a couple... :ROFLMAO: and for sure!! Your wagon is one of those, defiantly top notch and beautiful!
I assume it's more than just a "couple"....:giggle: You have excellent taste in vehicles.
As for my wagon. When I bought it many years back, I could've held out for a better example, which I should've done.. I guess I liked the color and the fact that it was a V-8 , A/C car with 77,000 miles on it. Most cars that I saw for sale back then were V-6 cars, which looking back in retrospect wouldn't have made a difference. I ended up doing an engine and transmission swap anyway. The car wasn't a gem by any means. It had it's issues and endured it's share of northern winters. However, it did spend most of it's life (over 30 yrs) in Florida.

• Love

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
I hope whoever purchased the car makes him or herself known on the forum.
Jack, it didn't make reserve. As I mentioned above, it is on the seller's site for $32,900

I'd go $15K on a nice one with the right colors/options. That color/wheels is not a 15K car to me, though.

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Wish I had some of my old cars back, who knew they would be worth what they are now! o_O
Shoot, I don't really care about the worth aspect, they're just too hard to find now. Coulda woulda shoulda kept a bunch of them.

• Agree

Longroof79

G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Jack, it didn't make reserve. As I mentioned above, it is on the seller's site for $32,900

I'd go $15K on a nice one with the right colors/options. That color/wheels is not a 15K car to me, though.
Thanks for clarifying that, Brian. I guess I didn't read closer into it. Wow!! $32,900. That's an optimistic figure if I ever saw one. I agree with you on the color and wheels.

blk7gxn

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2019
I assume it's more than just a "couple"....:giggle: You have excellent taste in vehicles.
As for my wagon. When I bought it many years back, I could've held out for a better example, which I should've done.. I guess I liked the color and the fact that it was a V-8 , A/C car with 77,000 miles on it. Most cars that I saw for sale back then were V-6 cars, which looking back in retrospect wouldn't have made a difference. I ended up doing an engine and transmission swap anyway. The car wasn't a gem by any means. It had it's issues and endured it's share of northern winters. However, it did spend most of it's life (over 30 yrs) in Florida.
Thanks for the kind words my friend, and your beautiful wagon defiantly went to the right home, where its appreciated and cared for as it deserves and perhaps been saved from an unfavorable fate as most G body cars have had in the past.

Longroof79

G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Thanks for the kind words my friend, and your beautiful wagon defiantly went to the right home, where its appreciated and cared for as it deserves and perhaps been saved from an unfavorable fate as most G body cars have had in the past.
....and thank you for your kind words as well. It's like a mutual admiration society. :LOL: I guess you can say I saved the car from an unpredictable fate. :unsure:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor