78-81 7/16-20 SAE
82+ 12x1.50 Metric
As delivered from GM
You’re absolutely right. I should’ve remembered that I had a ‘81 back in the day and the local speed shop sold me the metric set of gorilla lug nuts. Just glad it didn’t strip the studs when the mechanic installing the fresh rubber hit the lug nuts with the impact gun!!! 😳

The Ford Nine inch is an option but be aware that there are a multiple number of variations on that theme that fall under that general classification. Again, you may end up starting with the housing and adding the parts you want as you go, or buying one that is designed and built by a reputable shop that will meet and accept the abuse you plan to submit it to.

Not being deliberately humorous or facetious here but personally speaking only, drifting is something I would consider if I were in a boat with a fishing rod and tackle in hand and not really interested in catching any fish/poissons/UFO objects that glow in the dark as they swim; y'know, that sort of thing. But that's just me..................................................

CopperNick

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 user
You’re absolutely right. I should’ve remembered that I had a ‘81 back in the day and the local speed shop sold me the metric set of gorilla lug nuts. Just glad it didn’t strip the studs when the mechanic installing the fresh rubber hit the lug nuts with the impact gun!!

The Ford Nine inch is an option but be aware that there are a multiple number of variations on that theme that fall under that general classification. Again, you may end up starting with the housing and adding the parts you want as you go, or buying one that is designed and built by a reputable shop that will meet and accept the abuse you plan to submit it to.

Not being deliberately humorous or facetious here but personally speaking only, drifting is something I would consider if I were in a boat with a fishing rod and tackle in hand and not really interested in catching any fish/poissons/UFO objects that glow in the dark as they swim; y'know, that sort of thing. But that's just me..................................................

CopperNick
Not sure the front iron engine, light RWD g-body is particularly "driftable".

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor