1979 Remote sport mirror overhaul?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Last time I bought one, it was just the glass. But, it was 15 years ago.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
No, they only offer the new glass. Don’t yet know how it comes.
I replaced the glass in one of mine years ago that was broken and missing a piece and I was able to pry the glass out from the broken spot without any disassembly of the mirror or prying from the edge where the plastic is and just cleaned it up and glued the new one in. I did remove it from the car to work on it though.
I looked at OPGI's site it looks like it is just the glass by itself but if you do go the new mirror route it shows the complete driver's mirror is backordered until 4-13 but we all know how backorders go these days. Also they do not come with the base gasket.

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
I replaced the glass in one of mine years ago that was broken and missing a piece and I was able to pry the glass out from the broken spot without any disassembly of the mirror or prying from the edge where the plastic is and just cleaned it up and glued the new one in. I did remove it from the car to work on it though.
I looked at OPGI's site it looks like it is just the glass by itself but if you do go the new mirror route it shows the complete driver's mirror is backordered until 4-13 but we all know how backorders go these days. Also they do not come with the base gasket.
I’ve got new gaskets already. I’ll try getting the old glass out tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor