1980 4 door Malibu Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

bisketto

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 14, 2013
Parts going in this weekend, speed shop too busy to do a dyno run before i put all this crap in so i'll just have to guess at 200 horse at the wheels and 260 lb/ft of torque as it sits. still don't know what i want to do with the exhaust so i have some purple hornies straight off of the headers going in for the time being (yeh i know, don't need to say anything about that)

bisketto

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 14, 2013
So I put the new goodies in the Malibu this weekend, runs like a dream and sounds mean. absolutely in love with the motor already but.....after installing the new torque converter it won't move forward or reverse. we had to shim the converter bolts since the new converter sat back a little further than the original (by about 3/8 to 1/2 inch) and absolutely can not get the wheels to turn. it is a 2200-2600 stall boss hog converter and I can only assume it is either defective or something of the like.

driveit

Apprentice
Nov 7, 2013
I hope you get that converter issue sorted out.

What size tires and wheels do you have on your Malibu?

jschevys1971

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 2, 2014
L.A.X-RATED said:
Welcome to the boards!!! If you need any interior pieces lmk,I have a complete burgundy/claret dry rot free interior great cond if interestedpm me.also have a"power vent window"set-up complete with wiring and everything needed to convert your manual vents to power,along with a show quality rear bumper,and other various parts.can't wait for the pics!

I need some rear interior trim panels for my 79 4 door.....Very interested.....
Rear quarter window trim pieces....next to back window also...
Jay

driveit

Apprentice
Nov 7, 2013
What do you guys think about this. The brown one is what I have to start with.

82_bef10.jpg

Here is the updated plan.

Clean sand and prime in black.
Throw on 15" Centerlines like in the pic above.
Black all the chrome, grill and bumpers.
Clean and black all interior.

Need front seat, dash and headliner.

The engine is a V6 that has been bored and rebuilt. I am going to eliminate as much clutter under the hood and freshen up the engine a bit.

Fix major exhaust leak.

Drivit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor