BUILD THREAD 1980 Cutlass "Drag Queen"

Status
Not open for further replies.

jizmloaf

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 7, 2016
Cincinnati, OH
Okay, since I traded my '79 monte for this somewhat 'setup' 1980 cutlass, I figured I would create a build thread for it to see where I started vs where I end up! It came with some pretty decent parts but work still needs done. Goal for the car right now is mainly drag strip. Nothing fancy for a while just something to tinker with and make faster. Eventually it will get a lot faster but for now keeping it in budget and have fun!

Start with some cold weather engine pulling with grandpa! He has fun helping me out haha Out of the monte and soon into the cutty. And yes we have a crappy hoist so have to come in from the side... works though lol. Also, no garage, everything is outside. Many days spent drenched in rain laying under it lol

Moving the engine to the shed for a few new gaskets before the cutty showed up. Hillbillys :)

jizmloaf

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 7, 2016
Cincinnati, OH

The day i took delivery... yeah still snow on the ground...

A previous owner mini tubbed and did the sheet metal work. Like I said, nothing fancy but it'll work ;)

jizmloaf

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 7, 2016
Cincinnati, OH
Couple engine pics.
Specs: SBC 383ci
Probe -10cc Pistons
Scat Crank
PRW Sportsman Rockers
Vortec Heads
Comp Xtreme Energy Cam
Weiand Intake
Holley DP Carb

Trans: TH350
2300 Stall Hughes Converter
Stage 2 Shift Kit
...Thats it. lol

jizmloaf

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 7, 2016
Cincinnati, OH
Needed some new shoes big time! Hoosier Drag Radials 275/60r15 and M/T front runners.

Needed some solid seat mounts. Welded some 1" tube to the roll cage with a couple steel mounting plates. Dont make fun of the welds... all we have is flux core :) Itll work!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor