1980 cutlass special edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

lesbaldridge

Greasemonkey
Jan 27, 2012
i dont, but i have heard about the stainless roof being a option. pretty rare from what i gather. one of the other members here, 88hurstolds i think, runs another forum called 78-88 A/G body forum . heres a link to it.
http://www.78-88olds.com/forum/register ... bcda8b65e2

hopefully its ok to post the link and i wont get into trouble, im new here. i know some forums frown on linking to other forums and some are cool with it. but i read a little about them over there. the guy that runs that forum may have some imfo on them, he seems to be pretty knowledgeable regarding the cutlass's, i think hes got about 8 of them :mrgreen: . as far as your two tone paint goes, if its factory the only cutlass i know with that scheme is the w-30 442 models. i think the hurst models also had two tone, but it was just a small strip at the bottom of the car. the 442' were either black or white on the sides up to about the top of the fenders then gold on top , or something along thoe lines i believe. i dont think the stainless option was tied into the 443 package though, i think it was just a rare option you could have on any cutlass so it would be very unique if it were a 442 with stainless roof option if im correct. i just got back into cutlass's about a month ago so though dont quote me on any of this, but its worth digging into for sure. you should definitely post a pic, id love to see it and im sure alot of other guys on here would to. you should check out the hood and core support and see if they are aluminum. some of them came with those also instead of steel hoods and cores. again, not real sure if that was an option linked to the 442 or hurst models, or just another rare option. im betting if you decide to go another way and do away with your stainless roof though you wouldnt have any trouble getting rid of it. hek, id be interested possibly. either way, sounds like you made a good score.

lesbaldridge

Greasemonkey
Jan 27, 2012
did a little checking, the 442 model was offered in 80. its kind of odd, some years they had a hurst , and some years they had a 442 package, but apparently those two options werent available during the same years. the hurst was available in 79,83,84 & 88 and the w30 442 was available in 78,79,80,85,86 & 87. the way its listed though im not sure if both options were available in 79, or if the 442 was available late78 crossing over into 79, then the hurst package took over the majority of 79. thats something id like to know for sure myself. just do a google image search for 1980 cutlass 442
and youll find examples of both the black/gold and white/gold 442's . other indicators of a 442 would be W-30 badges an i think also a hurst shifter. keep us posted on what you find out, and post up some good shots of that stainless roof option if you can, id love to see some nice pics of that.

Doug213xrj

Royal Smart Person
Dec 30, 2011
West Michigan
Welcome aboard.

Doug

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor