Trader history (0)

1983calais

Master Mechanic
Supporting Member
Feb 26, 2015
Tiffin, OH
IMG_0916.jpeg
IMG_0917.jpeg

I bought this a couple years ago with the intention of finding another one to install the manual transmission in. I bought the Calais and am done buying cars so this can go. Heat only car, stick shift, tailgate is nice on the outside and dings on the inside with no rust. The rest of the car is full of rust. V6. I will sell anything from it or someone can buy the whole car. Located in Ohio. Thanks! Price is going to be cheap for whole car.

Edit: it’s rough! Parts car only

Reactions: 1 user

86LK

Royal Smart Person
Jul 23, 2018
rough? come on! just look past the dirt, and gravel, and rust, and filth, and dirt, and rust, you've got a gem in the making!

does that actually say Left Vent and Right Vent under the steering column?o_O

1983calais

Master Mechanic
Supporting Member
Feb 26, 2015
Tiffin, OH
I dig your optimism!!!

It does say left and right vent. (I think). I will double check when I get back home

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Sweet_Johnny

Has A Face For Radio
Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2022
Wichita, Kansas
It does say Left Vent/ Right Vent and they're normally worn off much worse than that.

How much for the complete heater setup including glove box?

How much for the complete manual trans setup, soup to nuts? Which Saginaw trans does it have?

How much for the steering column?
Bed trim?

I don't need it all but I have to ask, and there's an extremely thin chance I can buy.

86LK

Royal Smart Person
Jul 23, 2018
hmmmm, I may be interested in the inside door handles if they're metal and in good shape. apparently the ones sold on RockAuto are actually plastic

1983calais

Master Mechanic
Supporting Member
Feb 26, 2015
Tiffin, OH
So I will try to answer everyone’s questions so far. I believe it is a 3 speed Saginaw. It is cast iron and definitely a 3 speed. The clutch rod boot is ripped and dry rotted. All the components are there for the heater setup as well as the manual transmission setup. The one arm on the z bar has been welded back on it looks like. This is a common issue with the g body z bar from what I’ve read. I have no problem removing parts from this thing. Only issue might be shipping some of this stuff as far as weight (transmission), size (bed trim), and without it getting damaged or dented. The door handles are a little pitted also. I want someone to be able to use this stuff. I just want to make sure it gets to them in the condition it is in and without breaking the bank. As far as pricing the bigger parts, I will price them right just to get this thing to someone who needs it and out of my driveway. I know you’re all interested and are sincere. I will give a first come first serve deal. Sweet Johnny, you can have whatever, just tell me what you want first and foremost and I understand you are on a budget. Pagrunt, if you want the whole setup, where are you located? Shipping might be ridiculous. If you want everything but the trans, that would be fine with me. Sweet Johnny asked first but if he doesn’t want it, you can. I just want to be fair with everyone. If someone wants this car whole and can use this stuff the price is $500. If I have to spend a little time taking parts off, I will add a little for my time but will keep the prices very reasonable. Sorry for the rambling. Thanks everyone!!!

Reactions: 2 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Pagrunt, if you want the whole setup, where are you located? Shipping might be ridiculous. If you want everything but the trans, that would be fine with me.
The transmission wouldn't be needed as I already have the 4 speed for Jr.'s car but trying to get what I can to restock the back up parts & possible the steel floor hump besides the plastic hump, boot, bezel, the dash to transmission back up harness. Coulmn not really so I don't want to hog them if another member needs one. If it wasn't for the how long of the ride from Elderton, Pa to your part of Ohio I'd be road tripping with Jr.

Sweet_Johnny

Has A Face For Radio
Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2022
Wichita, Kansas
I'd love to have a manual trans that I could swap out at will but am not ready to perform the changeover now and shipping would cost a kidney. The ability to change any other Saginaw in its place or add O.D. to them is attractive to me and even though I could do it in the future I won't get in someone's way because I'll probably never get around to it- please make use of that transmission and its parts. Unless they started repopping them the fork is fairly rare since it's G Body only. So pagrunt and his son can have it all.

I could use the trim since mine is all beat up, but I'm not even driving that car so it would again be wasted money. The pieces come apart making the main concern for shipping length, though the top ones are a bit awkward. I believe Scoti needs the rear corner pieces. I'd be interested in the tailgate trim (both pieces) and license plate pocket though.

I was going to hoard the heater for a few years for a different project but if someone can use it, go ahead. I was dreaming, but if nobody wants it I'm definitely interested in the ancillary pieces at the very least: cables, controls, dash trim, glove box, ductwork. Shipping the heater box requires a lot of support and padding as they're incredibly fragile.

I do want that column if possible though.

If I was close and the frame was any good I'd just buy the whole thing, but in reality I'm way behind on projects, time, and money so it's better if you guys use it instead of me sitting on it. Sorry for muddying the waters but I have a problem and can't stop myself from at least asking a price on these things. I have so many ideas...

85ss/85gn

Master Mechanic
Jan 31, 2007
beaver dam,wi
Price for whole? Where in Ohio?

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor