1980 Malibu grill

Carguy69

n00b
Oct 22, 2023
Following a read on the subject in this forum, I decided to register and ask if any know if a re-pop exists and if not does anyone have a very good nos for sale ?

Just working on a 5 year rebuild from scratch for my wife and would like to put on the best candy for finishing touches :)

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
No. I've been looking for years. Backup plan: '81 grille and headlight trim are repopped and will fit the 1980 header panel.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Carguy69

n00b
Oct 22, 2023
No. I've been looking for years. Backup plan: '81 grille and headlight trim are repopped and will fit the 1980 header panel.
I already bough 80 light bezels and don’t like the idea of having to make new holes in the header cause it doesn’t fit, etc, etc any idea if there is anyone who can re chrome plastic / the old one ? I have done extensive research and come up with so, much crap that doesn’t work at this point I’m thinking of attempting a home made chroming process, hopefully not Erin brockovitch style

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
I already bough 80 light bezels and don’t like the idea of having to make new holes in the header cause it doesn’t fit, etc, etc any idea if there is anyone who can re chrome plastic / the old one ? I have done extensive research and come up with so, much crap that doesn’t work at this point I’m thinking of attempting a home made chroming process, hopefully not Erin brockovitch style
Both '80 & '81 us the same header panel so no need to make extra holes. Shame this wasn't 20 years back cause OPGI used to have all years for grills including the '79 El Camino SS one. One would think they would make them.

Reactions: 1 user

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Mr G's in TX used to be the go-to for rechroming plastic, but they no longer have a sorce to do it. I did find this, but scuttlebutt is that it is expensive

Reactions: 1 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor