1980 Malibu tire size question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Outdoordude76

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 16, 2013
I want to run 275/60 tires on a 15x8 rim on the rear of my 80 Malibu, can anyone tell me what back spacing I will need?

81msw79

Master Mechanic
May 5, 2013
roselle park , nj
I AM RUNNING THE SAME TIRE ON A 15X8 CHEVY RALLY WHEEL . I BLIEVE IT IS 4.5" BACK SPACING. IF YOU LOWER THE CAR YOU MAY NEED TO ROLL THE LIP INSIDE THE WHEELWELL.

comptwo

n00b
Jun 12, 2014
Has anyone attempted a 18 x 9.5 wheel with a backspacing 5.25 in the rear! It's a custom wheel of course. I can get a finger between the inner rim edge and the frame,thinking longer studs and a small spacer will do the trick. The other issue will be the tire size in the profile height as the frame towards the rear of the tire comes back towards the quarter panel. Any help or supportive suggestions are needed. I'm new to this forum and glad I joined for the knowledge with my 80 Malibu!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor