1980 Pontiac LeMans Station Wagon - G-T-faux (stuck with it, and can't shake it... like a bad case of herpes)

Status
Not open for further replies.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
The ongoing build thread is here: http://ls1tech.com/forums/conversions-h ... wagon.html

I do have some wagon specific questions/needs:

1. Does anyone know if these are correct (because the picture is clearly incorrect) window seals (and fit well) for a G-body wagon? http://www.ss396.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?S ... Code=gbody

2. Where can I source the trim around the A-pillar and drip rails (aka. the drip rail moldings)?; and

3. Is there a source for the rear hatch/tailgate weather stripping?

Thanks!

1980 LeMans Wagon.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Reactions: 1 user

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Nice looking wagon, Mike.
The part # for the window sweeps are correct. You can purchase the outers separately, or the set of 8 (inner and outer).
I believe they're available from Repops, but can be purchased from Dixie Monte Carlo, or Ebay.

As for the A-pillar drip rail mouldings. I don't know how they can classify them as fitting El Camino or wagon. The El Camino's does not share the same angle as the wagon or 4-dr pillars.

*You could check with 81Regal (Jeff). He knows of an '80 Malibu wagon being parted. That might be a good source for the drip rail mouldings. viewtopic.php?f=31&t=49193

As far as I know, no one reproduces the tailgate/hatch weatherstrip. Your best bet at this time is find a halfway decent one and preserve it the best way you can...or find the part # and do a search thru the GM parts network. I don't think you'll find one.
But good luck!

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Longroof79 said:
Nice looking wagon, Mike.
The part # for the window sweeps are correct. You can purchase the outers separately, or the set of 8 (inner and outer).
I believe they're available from Repops, but can be purchased from Dixie Monte Carlo, or Ebay.

As for the A-pillar drip rail mouldings. I don't know how they can classify them as fitting El Camino or wagon. The El Camino's does not share the same angle as the wagon or 4-dr pillars.

*You could check with 81Regal (Jeff). He knows of an '80 Malibu wagon being parted. That might be a good source for the drip rail mouldings. viewtopic.php?f=31&t=49193

As far as I know, no one reproduces the tailgate/hatch weatherstrip. Your best bet at this time is find a halfway decent one and preserve it the best way you can...or find the part # and do a search thru the GM parts network. I don't think you'll find one.
But good luck!

Thanks!

I have responded to the ad for the mouldings, thanks for the reference.

Hmmm... I was hoping that window seals were the felt(ish) inserts inside the door frame channels as my driver's side is pooched.

Longroof79

G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Ah, so you were referring to the window run channels. Those things are like finding hen's teeth. I have had a hard time trying to find them. I was fortunate to locate a drivers side run channel from an out of state GM dealership. It turned out to be the only one he had, and probably the only one left on the east coast. The rightside I had to improvise using some aftermarket channel and found another left side channel, but was the older part number and was falling apart. I used the vertical piece from that.
Here's the link to a thread where we discussed it at length. viewtopic.php?f=17&t=44625#.UhJoy9K-qb8

In case you want to do your own search, here's the part # for the LH run channel 20674357. The RH side is 20674356
Check with your local dealer, they'll do a search for it.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Longroof79 said:
Ah, so you were referring to the window run channels. Those things are like finding hen's teeth. I have had a hard time trying to find them. I was fortunate to locate a drivers side run channel from an out of state GM dealership. It turned out to be the only one he had, and probably the only one left on the east coast. The rightside I had to improvise using some aftermarket channel and found another left side channel, but was the older part number and was falling apart. I used the vertical piece from that.
Here's the link to a thread where we discussed it at length. viewtopic.php?f=17&t=44625#.UhJoy9K-qb8

In case you want to do your own search, here's the part # for the LH run channel 20674357. The RH side is 20674356
Check with your local dealer, they'll do a search for it.

Thanks for the info, I am glad I checked in here when I did as now I have a few options.

Longroof79

G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Mike,
Some of the aftermarket pieces are a close match. It's the channel on the B-pillar side that no one reproduces.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Longroof79 said:
Mike,
Some of the aftermarket pieces are a close match. It's the channel on the B-pillar side that no one reproduces.

You mean where the rain will collect and blow inside the car at highway speeds? LMFAO!

Longroof79

G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
motorheadmike said:
Longroof79 said:
Mike,

You mean where the rain will collect and blow inside the car at highway speeds? LMFAO!

Yeah, that's it.... :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor