1981 cutlass a.k.a. "ole blu"

Status
Not open for further replies.

79 USA 1

Royal Smart Person
Sep 2, 2011
Cheektowaga, New York
The transmission will not fit behind the Chevy engine! Buick , Oldsmobile & Pontiac engines have one bolt pattern while Chevrolet bell housings come to a "Peak" with a different bolt pattern.

Sorry to be Mr. Buzzkill here!
Bob S.

joshua

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 10, 2016
kentucky
Nice, sucks you had to let the t top go! I've had a couple of times in the 15 years I've owned my cutlass i thought i was gonna have to part with her, but it all worked out. Hang on to ole blue and enjoy it! Where in KY are you, just curious?
Scott
i'm in floyd county out by pikeville, oh yeah ole blue isnt going anywhere haha i'm getting the 355 set in tomorrow cant wait for that hope those 81 camaro long tubes work with me and not against me haha where are you?

joshua

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 10, 2016
kentucky
The transmission will not fit behind the Chevy engine! Buick , Oldsmobile & Pontiac engines have one bolt pattern while Chevrolet bell housings come to a "Peak" with a different bolt pattern.

Bob S.
i bought the adapter plate to make it work (;

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
i'm in floyd county out by pikeville, oh yeah ole blue isnt going anywhere haha i'm getting the 355 set in tomorrow cant wait for that hope those 81 camaro long tubes work with me and not against me haha where are you?
Yeah you are definitely east of me by a couple hours, I'm in louisville. Fingers crossed on the long tubes, chance of interference with the proportioning valve, and possibly the upper a arm on pass side. I have a set of hooker comp long tubes that i used for years on my 355 that are hanging....surface rust but still in decent shape. Just have a few bungs thay would need to be plugged from a couple o2 sensors and an egt....all bungs are in the collectors. If you have issues pm me.
Scott

joshua

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 10, 2016
kentucky
Yeah you are definitely east of me by a couple hours, I'm in louisville. Fingers crossed on the long tubes, chance of interference with the proportioning valve, and possibly the upper a arm on pass side. I have a set of hooker comp long tubes that i used for years on my 355 that are hanging....surface rust but still in decent shape. Just have a few bungs thay would need to be plugged from a couple o2 sensors and an egt....all bungs are in the collectors. If you have issues pm me.
Scott
will do, when shes road worthy im game for some miles, is there any carshows going on soon around here? never been to one but i plan on getting a trophy one day haha

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
will do, when shes road worthy im game for some miles, is there any carshows going on soon around here? never been to one but i plan on getting a trophy one day haha
sh*t, in the ville there is usually at least 1 show every weekend, cruises a couple times a month. The last week of september louisville street rods puts on a show that usually has over a thousand cars! Yeah when my cutlass gets done i hope to pull a trophy or two...it's in the middle of a so far 4-1/2 year resto geesh! Currently gettin the bodywork treatment, paint hopefully soon. Then i need a new sbc simce mine died last year, interior and its ready woohoo!

joshua

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 10, 2016
kentucky
sh*t, in the ville there is usually at least 1 show every weekend, cruises a couple times a month. The last week of september louisville street rods puts on a show that usually has over a thousand cars! Yeah when my cutlass gets done i hope to pull a trophy or two...it's in the middle of a so far 4-1/2 year resto geesh! Currently gettin the bodywork treatment, paint hopefully soon. Then i need a new sbc simce mine died last year, interior and its ready woohoo!
i wish i had the resources to do that haha a buddy of mine is hooking me up with 2 flowmaster 44s for 60 bucks so i can run true dual sidepipes haha

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
i wish i had the resources to do that haha a buddy of mine is hooking me up with 2 flowmaster 44s for 60 bucks so i can run true dual sidepipes haha
That's a good deal....oh trust me man i don't have the resources at once, i have to stick back what i can until i can get the next part i need. I've went through 3 job changes since 2012 which has slowed the process down....sh*t i shoulda had my cutlass done 3 years ago but i know when it finally hits the streets it will be worth it!

Pedrolif

Greasemonkey
Mar 28, 2016
New Hampshire

Bob S.

Or dig up one of these transmissions. And if anyone can tell me what year range or vehicle it is from, I'll be happy and you'll get props. But since you have an adapter plate coming to convert BOP to Chevy, you're in good shape. And that is one nice looking Cutty. But I thought the 81 had a different face. Either way it looks nothing like this "81 Cutlass" https://www.carsforsale.com/1981-oldsmobile-cutlass-for-sale-C102881 :wtf:

Attachments

• 100_0758.JPG
    100_0758.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 269

joshua

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 10, 2016
kentucky
Or dig up one of these transmissions. And if anyone can tell me what year range or vehicle it is from, I'll be happy and you'll get props. But since you have an adapter plate coming to convert BOP to Chevy, you're in good shape. And that is one nice looking Cutty. But I thought the 81 had a different face. Either way it looks nothing like this "81 Cutlass" https://www.carsforsale.com/1981-oldsmobile-cutlass-for-sale-C102881 :wtf:
haha thanks for the laugh! yeah i was hoping i had the uni bolt :/ but nope had to get the $60 adapter plate otherwise it would have been in 2 weeks ago and id be putting the exhaust on her haha thanks man but im in for a little body work once it runs good, bubbling on the passenger side and 3 little dime sized holes.....i am very seriously considering cheating with an aero kit though, im in love with it for $400 haha http://www.andysautosport.com/products/lauren_engineering__LEX-1-A-HO.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor