1981 MALIBU PROJECT "THA CALI-BU"

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBoDYon4s

Greasemonkey
Jan 27, 2013
So,CA.
Thanks Mel,This Build is going to be a nice little Journey I haven't been able to get much done on it lately do to a tight work schedule,but i've been grabbing most of the parts and tools that i need to get started .As for the name it has been on my head for a minute now I have a 1991 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham that we call THA CALI-LAC,So i knew what the Bu would be named as soon as i brought it home (A long time comin) so keep an eye out for me,i might need a little help w/ my Quick silver install
so i might be hittin u up LOL...

Bumpin1ohmSS

Royal Smart Person
Jun 17, 2008
Cali to Az
Awww yeah!!! Tha Cali-bu and Tha Alibu will have to meet up! Cant wait to see more of the build fam! Keep it going bruh!

Warren G Body
80z :twisted:

GBoDYon4s

Greasemonkey
Jan 27, 2013
So,CA.
Finally i squeezed a couple hours out of the week and jumped on the frame removal,No fancy tools just me,my impact gun,a couple 4/10s,jackstands and some elbow grease Oh and my main motivation=THAT SO CAL SUNSHINE...So now its time for cleanup,primer and paint...I also ordered up a couple suspension goodies so im gonna get the frame ready for that which involves my wire wheel,some degreaser,alittle acetone,and most importantly THE TIME.My original plan was to have it sandblasted but it just didnt fit my budget so i chose to do it myself...stay tuned.GBoDYs UP!!!!

Attachments

• PICT0110.JPG
    PICT0110.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,386

GBoDYon4s

Greasemonkey
Jan 27, 2013
So,CA.
A little surface rust and dirt is all i came across so im pleased w/ the outcome

Attachments

• PICT0119.JPG
    PICT0119.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 1,010

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Looks like a good solid car to start off with. Good luck with your continued progress.

L.A.X-RATED

Royal Smart Person
Aug 25, 2010
West up homie!!! gL.A.d to CE you doing the "CALIbu"tha RIGHTnONLY way!!! FRAME-OFF resto!!! Word of advice,break the build down in segments(susp,frame,body,etc)this way you can go through it thoroughly and focus on task at hand and before you know it it'll be done!! Did my first frame off(87 elco) in three months(summer of 11)gonna flip a 84 SS I just picked up for some flow for my t-topped double S,and my k5 frameoff build.let me know when you ready for the ls1 set-up as I put one aside for you :wink: got another gp bar if you need it as well.stay on your grind,and keep reppin 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor