1982 el Camino smugglers box restoration .

82elkydude

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 9, 2024
Hey guys.
Ok total noob here as far as el Camino info goes, so my question is, my ambitious project has some serious rot to deal with, most areas are quite straightforward, however I'm having a hell of a time getting clear information on how to go about replacing the steel in the "smugglers box behind the last seam of were a "full floor pan ends (specifically in the rear corners)
Oh have heard you can use rear floor steel from any Malibu or trunk floor steel as well but this is just way to vage, please hit me with you knowledge team! 🤙

I've never seen a replacement part for the cargo area.replacing the entire part with a donor would be a lot of work. that's not to say it can't be done but..
try posting a picture of what you're dealing with that way we'll have a better idea.

Reactions: 82elkydude
I've never seen a replacement part for the cargo area.replacing the entire part with a donor would be a lot of work. that's not to say it can't be done but..
try posting a picture of what you're dealing with that way we'll have a better idea.
Yes definitely need to post some pictures, it's going to take some serious work either way , she rotten lol

PXL_20240911_003656513.jpg
PXL_20240911_003714759.jpg
PXL_20240911_003825070.jpg
PXL_20240911_003856423.jpg
here are some pictures of sad state of things in cargo/smugglers box.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor