1982 GP with 98' 3800 and turbo on E85

Status
Not open for further replies.

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
What would a reasonable turbo 3800 make compared to a stock 260hp supercharged version?

325 is an easy safe power level. My l67 blower car is maxed out at like 350hp with everything minus an intercooler and not loose drivability

Reactions: 1 user

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
Very interesting car! Someone should buy this car. A lot of good work has been done. I was originally going to build a engine setup just like this before I decided to build up my factory 3.8. Once my 3.8 gives up, my plan is to go that route. If I had the money and it was closer, I would buy this car. The hard work is all already done for you!

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
i.m confused, the car has a clutch pedal and an automatic???
If you look at the picture gallery? Looks like they started with a stick and toasted it. There are a few Grand National's running around with turbocharged 3800's. They are putting out 500+ horsepower. They say it is easy to achieve.

gbgn1

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 7, 2008
Houston
I've got the most modified Gbody with a 3800 in it. Ive got a thread on turbobuick.com. Look up "whos ready for some 3800 power" . It was a lot of work. Its different than this pontiac but info if you looking for it. The 3800 block is very strong and a lot of power can be had but it takes work. running a stock PCM is crap. My car is run off A Holley dominator efi. The Maf sensor was always an issue. I can honestly say this set up is close to 700hp at the tire at about 22 lbs of boost. I ran it a couple weeks ago at 28 lbs and it was a beast. But I didnt have my methanol set high enough and I flatened the cometic head gasket. So working it out right now. Ive got a Grand national with over 700 to the wheel to compare and it feels very close.
For a everyday car the pontiac might be cool, its worth the cash for something different, 3800 looks all stock to me . Should be kept that way unless and aftermarket controller is used....

IMG_5371.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_5372.jpg
    IMG_5372.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 133
  • IMG_4893.jpg
    IMG_4893.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 137
  • IMG_4333.png
    IMG_4333.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 141
  • Love
Reactions: 2 users

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
I've got the most modified Gbody with a 3800 in it. Ive got a thread on turbobuick.com. Look up "whos ready for some 3800 power" . It was a lot of work. Its different than this pontiac but info if you looking for it. The 3800 block is very strong and a lot of power can be had but it takes work. running a stock PCM is crap. My car is run off A Holley dominator efi. The Maf sensor was always an issue. I can honestly say this set up is close to 700hp at the tire at about 22 lbs of boost. I ran it a couple weeks ago at 28 lbs and it was a beast. But I didnt have my methanol set high enough and I flatened the cometic head gasket. So working it out right now. Ive got a Grand national with over 700 to the wheel to compare and it feels very close.
For a everyday car the pontiac might be cool, its worth the cash for something different, 3800 looks all stock to me . Should be kept that way unless and aftermarket controller is used....

View attachment 132035
I have followed that build. Very cool! It inspired me to go that route. I bought all the stuff too make it happen and then chickened out. Instead I built my draw though turbo Monte into a blow through intercooled engine. Check it out "Suck N Blow Monte" Thread. When that combo blows up I am going back to the 3800 engine. The biggest thing I seen was the expensive pistons, and the making of turbo headers. Too bad no one decided to make a run of those headers? I would have bought a set. Time has been my biggest excuse. Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor