64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY

wingnutks

Master Mechanic
Feb 15, 2016
On the intercooler core.
I just ordered a sheet of 5052... should be there this weekend.
Also ordered a 3.5" cold side kit from Motion Raceworks. I need to order an aluminum BOV flange since I currently have a steel flange. Also going to grab a few serrated tube ends from the place that is doing my intake.

Reactions: 1 users

wingnutks

Master Mechanic
Feb 15, 2016
question. My car has some sort of ignition/column metal shield. I am assuming it is some sort of anti theft device? Is there any "easy" way to take it off? I am assuming I can take a cut off wheel to it. Anyone every put one of these on before? Is there anything that has to be done to the column to install one of these that is irreversible or if I cut it off it should just be stock column underneath?

0715211031b-jpg.179728

Last edited by a moderator:

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
I’m not familiar with that. In your photo it appears that it is on the base of the column making the outer diameter larger and it is partially removed, correct? Is anything attached to it on the bottom?

I just looked at both of the cars in my garage and neither seem to have that, unless I’m missing something. I know this doesn’t answer your question, just looking for exactly what you’re looking at.

Edit : I went back a couple of pages and viewed that piece in several other photos. And, I have no idea what that is. That is definitely not on our card here. I’d say take it off. Especially considering that if it goes badly, then it’s January and you have to resolve why it’s covering up.

wingnutks

Master Mechanic
Feb 15, 2016
I’m not familiar with that. In your photo it appears that it is on the base of the column making the outer diameter larger and it is partially removed, correct? Is anything attached to it on the bottom?

I just looked at both of the cars in my garage and neither seem to have that, unless I’m missing something. I know this doesn’t answer your question, just looking for exactly what you’re looking at.

Edit : I went back a couple of pages and viewed that piece in several other photos. And, I have no idea what that is. That is definitely not on our card here. I’d say take it off. Especially considering that if it goes badly, then it’s January and you have to resolve why it’s covering up.
I am 99% sure it's this

Reactions: 1 user

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Wow, I think you're going to have a tough time getting this off.

"Now, keep in mind this is not a 100% effective method to keeping thieves from stealing your car. It is however pretty much a permanent fix to someone busting open the steering column and messing with the vulnerable parts inside needed to start the car without the key and drive off with it. Once this steel collar is on, it's on there and next to impossible to remove. In fact, when installing it, what secures it together are nothing but 8 roll pins. That's right only 8 of them. And once they are driven in, they cannot be driven back out! "

Reactions: 1 user

wingnutks

Master Mechanic
Feb 15, 2016
Wow, I think you're going to have a tough time getting this off.

"Now, keep in mind this is not a 100% effective method to keeping thieves from stealing your car. It is however pretty much a permanent fix to someone busting open the steering column and messing with the vulnerable parts inside needed to start the car without the key and drive off with it. Once this steel collar is on, it's on there and next to impossible to remove. In fact, when installing it, what secures it together are nothing but 8 roll pins. That's right only 8 of them. And once they are driven in, they cannot be driven back out! "
Product-MET0725-21-1200Wx1200H.jpeg

• Agree
  • Winner
Reactions: 2 users

5spdCab

Royal Smart Person
Dec 29, 2019
Tukwila, Wa.
I am 99% sure it's this

Bookmarked this for future purchase.
Writer (and some replies) mentions tight movement of shifter. I wonder if a couple thousandths inch of hand filing would prevent that.
Also, I wonder if removing the two bolts holding the column to the dash would make installation easier, or if they get covered too.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor