1983 Buick Regal Daily Driver Budget Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

85Frankencar

Greasemonkey
May 17, 2010
Indy
Man, you're always doing something, lol - awesome build, though, can't wait to see the finished product. Just a suggestion, for the interior, I'd suggest using SEM paint - it's more expensive, but def worth it - I did my interior with it & it came out really nice and the low luster clear looks good too. Good luck, looking forward to seeing more

84clonewars

G-Body Guru
Dec 3, 2010
Chicago, IL
85Frankencar said:
Man, you're always doing something, lol - awesome build, though, can't wait to see the finished product. Just a suggestion, for the interior, I'd suggest using SEM paint - it's more expensive, but def worth it - I did my interior with it & it came out really nice and the low luster clear looks good too. Good luck, looking forward to seeing more

I try to do work when I can lol, I used duplicolor because its cheap and I had good results with it on my last regal. This one gets all low dollar bang for buck products for the most part. You know I gotta sprinkle in a few goodies though bit nothing too big. I ended up going with flat black btw and still trying to get some red in there somehow. Thanks for the encouragement.

84clonewars

G-Body Guru
Dec 3, 2010
Chicago, IL
Blew86442 said:
84clonewars said:
jaywill said:
NICE BUILD :D

Thanks jay stay tuned its about to get real good soon

HAha....that's a teaser! What do you have planned? :?: :lol:

I live out by Joliet, nice to see more g-body lovers local!

Lets just say this ugly pimple is gonna come to a head in about two Weeks m uuaahahahahahahahahha insert sinister

84clonewars

G-Body Guru
Dec 3, 2010
Chicago, IL
Ok so I've been plugging along and no matter how much I get done its like its never enough. Between work, family stuff and the lack of work I just don't have the time nor money to really get this damn car done as fast as it should. Fret not I'm gonna finish, just not as fast as I'd like. Just yesterday i was installing a shift kit into my 200-4r and what do I find? Broken servo spring and 3-4 Accumulator is missing the spring (that cant be good right?). Should I even bother with this trans or just get it rebuilt (that will make the damn car sit for even longer).

BTW the rebuilt sbo 403 is going into this car not the sbc 350 due to it just being too rough for my likening. And why have a freshly rebuilt motor just sit in the garage thats just silly right? It would've been cool to have a turbo 6 or a buick 350/455 but I gotta make due with what I have. I did love the stock 76sbo 350 that was in the other regal so this should be 10x better.

84clonewars

G-Body Guru
Dec 3, 2010
Chicago, IL
two90west said:
Glad to see some one here from Chicago, like what your doing it's looking I just did a budget build and I know how you feel with time issues. Check out my build viewtopic.php?f=24&t=32114

thanks bro

two90west

Greasemonkey
Sep 25, 2011
chicago
Maybe you can help me out bro, the 307 just got the goodyear quite belts put on and it's a screeching noise and I only here it when I start up the car or when I'm on the E- way and I hit it real hard what do you think that is

84clonewars

G-Body Guru
Dec 3, 2010
Chicago, IL
Maybe theyre not set at the right amount of tension im not sure, its been a year since Ive driven a v belt car let alone an olds. Man I miss my old regal that thing was fun even with the old 350 Trans. I wish I could help sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor