1983 Monte Carlo SS time capsule just popped up on Dallas Craigslist

Status
Not open for further replies.

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
I am telling you what...That is an awesome ride. One that I would be proud to own. I don't think, considering the price is awful crazy. I hope whoever buys it keeps it pristine.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
I am telling you what...That is an awesome ride. One that I would be proud to own. I don't think, considering the price is awful crazy. I hope whoever buys it keeps it pristine.

I would think something like this cleaned up with Eagle GT's at Barrett Jackson on Friday or Saturday would bring $20K.

Its quicker and more fun to drive and would get more thumbs up than a $20K A-code '65 Mustang Coupe that non car people seem to think are cool.

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
I agree. Price is right and an awesome car. Unfortunately a divorce is way more expensive so I have to pass on it.

thunderball

Greasemonkey
Jan 18, 2016
i bought my 85 with 33,500 and am up to 38,***. its cleaner, everything works and looks new and i dont feel the least bit of guilt racking up the miles as long as its not snowy.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
If I buy a car, I'm damn sure gonna drive it. If you buy a car as an investment, you aren't doing justice to it and you aren't a car guy. reminds me of that Black Air Buick documentary when they had a weirdo that built a room onto his house for his GN he kept in a plastic bubble on jackstands. Drive it, or sell it to someone who will.

87National

G-Body Guru
Apr 15, 2009
eastern SD
If I buy a car, I'm damn sure gonna drive it. If you buy a car as an investment, you aren't doing justice to it and you aren't a car guy. reminds me of that Black Air Buick documentary when they had a weirdo that built a room onto his house for his GN he kept in a plastic bubble on jackstands. Drive it, or sell it to someone who will.
That was the last GN and last gbody ever built. The car was signed by the gm workers that assembled it that day. Im all for driving and enjoying my cars guilt-free, but if there is ever a case to be made for preserving a car........this is it.

Now later on in the movie there was a guy that did a nut and bolt restoration on an 85 hot air GN. He would only drive it on and off a trailer to take it to car shows. That guy was missing the point of owning a gbody.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
When I lived in SC in the 1990's I ran into an AMX guy my dad knew from way back at the Charlotte Autofair. We got to talking cars and it turns out, he had an '87 GN with less than 20 miles walled off in a room in his house. When I told him I drive my stock turbo, stock injector, stock intercooler, stock motor, stock trans, Stock torque converter, stock rear axle stock interior, stock exterior, stock wheels, basically stock T-type 100 miles from Greenville, one way, to the track, add race gas and a Chip and crack off consistent 12.20's @110 (faster than pretty much every supercar at the time - Viper GTS, Ferrari, Lambo, etc) thru the dual exhaust and drive it back home, I got the sense he completely missed the point of owning a GN.

You really can't blame him, though. In 1986-1987 everyone thought "This is the End" of the performance car. When I bought my Mustang GT in 1986, the dealer told me that Ford was telling him "this is it". Who knew it was just beginning?

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
I gonna drive mine because there will come a day that I can't but to each their own. Maybe some of the people that do not drive them will consider donating the car to a museum so others can enjoy. I saw a vette at the Corvette museum in Kentucky that the guy built his den around the car

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
This is the kind of car the someone can get into the Classic - Collector car market, enjoy the car, cruise and show it, and as long as he (she) keeps it pristine will not loose any money and possibly make money.

• Agree
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor