1983 Nomad 350 with a 671 blower

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 8, 2009
Washington State
Hi everyone. I signed up awhile back and have made a couple "replies" in the forums. I have had some picture posting problems but attached a couple web sites that give an example of what I am doing. I started the project about four years ago. 1983 Malibu station wagon. El Camino doors transforming it into a Nomad. The rear end is tubed using an Art Morrison rear frame kit and ten point roll cage. Narrowed 9" ford rear end with a detroit locker and 430 gears. Mickey Thompson 18.5 X 31 tires. Turbo 400 transmission with a TCI full manual reverse pattern valve body. B&M pro ratchet shifter. 350 with a Scat forged crank and H beam rods. Dart aluminum heads. Comp roller rockers with stud girdles. Custom roller cam. GM 671 small bore blower. One to one direct drive pulleys creating about six to seven pounds boost starting with 7 1/2 compression gong to 12 1/2 with boost and still use pump gas. Two Barry Grant 750 carburetors. Hooker super comp headers with Flowmaster super 44 mufflers. It runs hot........ Just bought a "Be Cool" aluminum radiator. It better be cool! The motor was professionally built by Joes Grinding. This is expensive and I wanted it done right. The rest of it I have done myself. First time car project and learning as I go. So far so good. Next week I`ll get insurance because the car is a street rod. Can`t wait to torch the tires. Please send gas money.........
http://community.webtv.net/Nomad1983/1983NOMAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor