1984 307 intake manifolds

Status
Not open for further replies.

NicholasH\O freak

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 14, 2016
bradenton ,florida
i have an edolbrock performer on there now are there any dual or tri set ups i can do i mean im just looking to add some pazas and really would like to know whats the maxiumum amount of horsepower my 307 can have if i just dum ped a bunch of money in it and i dont need to know about other engines i know that a 350 or a bigger motor would be good for it but no not doing i want to work with wat i got and nobody realy puts money into a 307 that i would be cool to do .

88hurstolds

Royal Smart Person
Jun 24, 2008
Actually the factory A4 aluminum intake performs just as good as the standard Ebrock intake.
Swapping intakes doesn't gain power... cam/converter/rear gears is what makes power and doing that to a 307 won't get you anywhere.
The ONLY way to get performance improvement out of a 307 is to swap the rear gears for 3.73 and make sure the 307 is properly maintained and running good on the computer.
Otherwise any performance mods are just a waste of money...

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Converter/rear gears don't add power, they make better use of the power that's already there. There were two models of 307 that came with roller cams/lifters, so they do make those. Normal hotrod tricks work like exhaust, headers, you just won't really get sh*t for power. IF you want power, build an Olds 350 or 403. Engines drop right in. IF you wanna keep the 307, just as hurstolds said. Make sure it's in tip-top shape and the computer is doing well.

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
There is a couple of Offenhauser dual quad manifolds, one is very low profile. You could throw very small AFB(Edelbrock) carbs on, not sure if the 390 Holley's would fit. The 307 is a great durable motor, adequate for it's time. But at around 8 to 1 with poor flowing heads and your 84 has the better heads, only minor improvements can be done. I would add a small cam like the factory Vin 9 307 performance cam if you swap intakes. The Performer RPM is the best performance intake for a street Olds V8. The Olds 350 and 403 is a ridiculously easy swap. The 403 has the same weak bottom end as the 307 but has huge 4.351 bores vs the tiny 3.8 bore on your 307. Massive improvement in torque is the result.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor