1984 buick regal gn clone ls swap

Status
Not open for further replies.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
the guys saying sinc ei have headers in case if the wires melt and ground it wint cause a fire under the hood so they looking to go bigger in the fuse
Bigger is not always better (insert jokes here). Got to stick with the correct amp rating so it will blow in the same condition a fusable link will. Going bigger can be the cause of a fire. Best protection for the contact with the headers is a good quality/proper heat rated insulated sleeve to cover them & do the best to secure them away from the header. Here is a good company to look at for what would be needed to go with a fuse instead of the fusable links. https://www.ronfrancis.com/

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
the guys saying sinc ei have headers in case if the wires melt and ground it wint cause a fire under the hood so they looking to go bigger in the fuse

that is one of the reason I use a ford style solenoid so the cable from the solenoid going to the starter only has current in when I am starting the car...

Emmanuel cuellar

G-Body Guru
Aug 8, 2017
thats what i came out the shop with and the fuse stop going out now. Im happy, plus the cars ready for the next sunny day!
9C1618EF-B222-4B42-84E5-15622BE7EDBA.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor