1984 Chevy El Camino (Build Up and Progress)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LSCustoms

Royal Smart Person
Jul 17, 2011
L.A.X-RATED said:
man o man!!! the man with the plan!!! :mrgreen: try a piece of all-thread and as for the top half,looks like youll have to "l" shape the ends of the welded piece so that it "pulls"on the bushing metal casing ribbed part?i texted you to see if you had an adress i could send you mine so that you could use,and then mock up your own configuration for future use :wink: lmk,and the "little woman"gave me the green light to deal on the ss :wink: QUICK!!! LMK,before she changes her mind(you know the female psychi :rofl:)great build and cant wait to see this 9 inch with dem discs done,along with all else you have involved with your el!!!
sent you a text back

LSCustoms

Royal Smart Person
Jul 17, 2011
L.A.X-RATED said:
man o man!!! the man with the plan!!! :mrgreen: try a piece of all-thread and as for the top half,looks like youll have to "l" shape the ends of the welded piece so that it "pulls"on the bushing metal casing ribbed part?i texted you to see if you had an adress i could send you mine so that you could use,and then mock up your own configuration for future use

[youtube]Ab5s5Zrt88g&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

LSCustoms

Royal Smart Person
Jul 17, 2011
[youtube]ZtNdd0p8wew&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

just an update to mark my progress on this, getting tire of it, so imma speed things along from here on out

LSCustoms

Royal Smart Person
Jul 17, 2011
Dave V said:
Skip wow looking good the 9" rear all powder coated will be great...love the air ride setup did ray get back to you on the shocks??bhope ur back feels better if u need some help ask away.....
thanks bro, ray sent me a text, but after I responded back, I havent gotten another response yet, I think he was under the impression that i could bring the car in and let him do some of the fab work, when all i need is parts...

on a side note, I was thinking about notching the front frame area, where I need to add the shocks in, if it will be safe and sound, imma do it, then box it in... if not, I may need to fork over the money for some money for front ridetech shockwaves... i may leave that till last after the engine and transmission is in...

Dave V

G-Body Guru
Jul 18, 2011
LSCustoms said:
Dave V said:
Skip wow looking good the 9" rear all powder coated will be great...love the air ride setup did ray get back to you on the shocks??bhope ur back feels better if u need some help ask away.....
thanks bro, ray sent me a text, but after I responded back, I havent gotten another response yet, I think he was under the impression that i could bring the car in and let him do some of the fab work, when all i need is parts...

on a side note, I was thinking about notching the front frame area, where I need to add the shocks in, if it will be safe and sound, imma do it, then box it in... if not, I may need to fork over the money for some money for front ridetech shockwaves... i may leave that till last after the engine and transmission is in...

wow sorry ray did not get you the right info..i hate that anyhow shockwaves would be good but i agree id wait till u get the egine in since you will then know exactly what u need....

Bumpin1ohmSS

Royal Smart Person
Jun 17, 2008
Cali to Az
Vids are lookin sweet bruh. Moving right along....

Elco Warren
80z! :twisted:

LSCustoms

Royal Smart Person
Jul 17, 2011
IMG_0255.jpg

should be picking up my housing tom morning and then adj the backlash and putting it back together with the rear brake kit brackets and hardware...

melman109

Royal Smart Person
Apr 22, 2008
Arizona
Man bro that looks good!!! I just got in town, can't wait to stop by to check out all the progress and hopefully learn a thing or two about setting backlash. If I was thinking I could have brought my 12 bolt rear housing to get that special treatment. Maybe next time 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor