1984 El Camino Conquista.....Brown Sugar 2.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tc1959

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 23, 2009
Surprise AZ.
Run for your life kid's, It's the crazed wild eyed spray can man. :shock: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :wink:

Attachments

• 5815043964_01fc261f4d_b.jpg
    5815043964_01fc261f4d_b.jpg
    330.8 KB · Views: 980

watchdog

Apprentice
Jun 3, 2010
Upstate NY
Hey Warren....Nice job man. Hey what did you use to fill the holes on the inner fenders. And just a spray can of black rustoleum, and no clear? Jesus man, nice job.

Juan

Bumpin1ohmSS

Royal Smart Person
Jun 17, 2008
Cali to Az
LOL @ TC1959. :rofl:

watchdog said:
Hey Warren....Nice job man. Hey what did you use to fill the holes on the inner fenders. And just a spray can of black rustoleum, and no clear? Jesus man, nice job.

Juan

Thanks bruh! Man its just a lil "hood" job. I used some "Loc Tite" 2 part epoxy/hardener from Pep boys. I just scuffed the holes to be filled with 60 grit on the top, inside the holes and bottom of the wells. Cleaned and taped the bottom of the well. mixed up the epoxy and filled the holes. Only thing I dont like about the loc tite is that its runny. So I let it sit out and thicken up a lil and then poured it. Then knocked it down and used some "filler primer". I didnt use clear. Straight from the can of Rustolium 500 degree gloss enamel. I just overlapped each spray by like 1". Its all about not getting overspray. The overspray is what "dulls" it down. Still shiny, but not creamy looking. This is an OK job for a home job. Mell will love it. The lil problem areas will be hidden once the well is installed. Mel will tell you...Warren worries about lil stuff too much. HAHAHA! Im trying to get this paint to lay as smooth and creamy as possible straight from the can. I could sand it (cut it) and then buff it like the shops do. But I think Ive come up with a nice lil system. I'll hand polish em after the paint dries/cures for a few days. Its sitting out in the sun right now. Thanks again bruh. Preciate the love...

Elco Warren 8)
80zBabiezCC

80ELCAMINOFLAKE

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 2, 2010
California So Cal
Warren! u not telling us something about those wheel wells!!!! THEY LOOK ****ING SWEET!!!!!!! There has to be something u doing to get them that soft and smooth!!!! YOUR THE MAN!!!!!

melman109

Royal Smart Person
Apr 22, 2008
Arizona
WOW!!!!! I'm blown away with the progress doc! You really out did yourself with these big homie. Make sure you sign your name on them. Imma be scared to drive the car with those in it. Can't wait to get them mounted in tho

melman109

Royal Smart Person
Apr 22, 2008
Arizona
Bumpin1ohmSS said:
Just checkin in with you bruh. You know Elco fades away from time to time. Im back. Any updates? Im all caught up on lil house stuff. Imma drop some updates on the wells. Time to grind.... :twisted:

Elco Warren 8)

80zBabiezCC

No updates yet been on vacation with no Internet access at all!! But as chris said they are coming

Bumpin1ohmSS

Royal Smart Person
Jun 17, 2008
Cali to Az
Ok. Passengers side is sanded, cleaned and ready for paint in the morning.

5826800271_745043a3ac_b.jpg

5827349092_39f7f118ac_b.jpg

Imma knock this out and let it dry out in the sun for the rest of the week. I'll let you decide on if you wana hand polish em. They are smoother and wetter than mine!! #lowkeyhatinonyou!!! :evil:

Elco Warren 8)

melman109

Royal Smart Person
Apr 22, 2008
Arizona
Bumpin1ohmSS said:
Ok. Passengers side is sanded, cleaned and ready for paint in the morning.

5826800271_745043a3ac_b.jpg

5827349092_39f7f118ac_b.jpg

Imma knock this out and let it dry out in the sun for the rest of the week. I'll let you decide on if you wana hand polish em. They are smoother and wetter than mine!! #lowkeyhatinonyou!!! :evil:

Elco Warren 8)
Looking good Doc, sounds like I'll have them in a week or so. What did u use to polish yours?

Bumpin1ohmSS

Royal Smart Person
Jun 17, 2008
Cali to Az
I used some Mothers swirl remover and then some mother's carnauba wax. Im tellin you, urs out shine mine bruh. I did mine up to 1000 grit and your set up to 2000 grit paper. That might be the difference....And they fell smooth as hell....Yep. Weather is beautiful. I need some denatured alcohol so I can the other one down before I spray it. Without my wheels I cant just go get stuff now. Stranded at home til Roro gets here...Sucks...

Elco "No Wheels" Warren :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor