1984 Monte Rear brake hose

Status
Not open for further replies.

vinhjamin8302

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 2, 2009
Illinois
Hey all im new here and was needing some help...my monte is leaking brake fluid from the driver rear brake hose, i see it leaking from where the connections come together, umm hard to explain but its not the hard line but the soft hose that connects to the bracket and comes out the other end, also connected by a rubber hose, i need to replace both sides and would love some help, thanks will post a pic of her soon

it's pretty simple just buy the hose and replace it, it cost about 10 bucks, or if you can afford to spend a few more dollars get the steel braided ones they will give you a better feel...you can save some money if you have a place near you that makes hoses. and after you install it bleed your brakes. thats it

just to make sure, your rear brakes should be hard lines and they "T" up to a rubber hose right, if so then what i posted should work out, if not what year monte are you working on?

thanks guys it was actually the connection going to the rubber hosing, the hard line was rusted right through!! but i went to the zone got some hard lines and a few fitting along with the flare tool and went to town today and got her fixed up, now all i need to so is replace the valve cover gaskets and im rollin

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor