1984 Pontiac Grand Prix - Milwaukee Area

Status
Not open for further replies.

KrisW

G-Body Guru
Oct 24, 2007
Lakeland, FL
I've got the lock collar on the column - I highly recommend it to everyone. It also lowers the insurance rate as an anti theft device.

HurstOlds

Master Mechanic
Sep 21, 2007
Illinois
I have a club for my current car, but then I realized how easy those are to get around. They just cut the steering wheel and slide the club right off.....

Where can I get one of those steering wheel metal cover things? I'm going to be getting another G Body within the next couple of years. I need a silver cutlass again :)

andrewmp6

Master Mechanic
Sep 9, 2007
My alarm is a great dane a black lab and a smith and wesson magnum 500 hunter.I had a crack head trying to use a coat hanger to open my truck door at my work one night he didn't like the brick i used on him.I use one of these on every car i own http://www.12voltguy.com/theftswitch.htm also if your efi a kill switch for the fuel pump is easy and i always use a oem switch on the dash of something i don't have.You would never think cruise control switch could be something else huh.Your best bet is good insurance if they want your car bad enough a repole tow truck can take you car under 30 sec.

canucksfan1

Apprentice
Jun 8, 2008
yeah someone stole the 85 cutlass i have from the previous owner, luckily he recovered it and slod it to me it still has the smashed steering column, and i can't turn the high beams on

srercrcr

G-Body Guru
Jun 19, 2006
San Antonio, Texas
I'm not convinced the thieves don't wander amongst us right here on GBF...the slimebag who stole my GP in Houston just for the green steering wheel....he's not a "G-Body Enthusiast"????

Derision

Master Mechanic
Jul 2, 2007
Jackson, New Jersey
srercrcr said:
I'm not convinced the thieves don't wander amongst us right here on GBF...the slimebag who stole my GP in Houston just for the green steering wheel....he's not a "G-Body Enthusiast"????

It's not unheard of. Didn't someone have their Monte stolen because the guy who stole it was jealous of it? And someone else had theirs stolen and the doors taken off it?

I read in the paper or somewhere about someone who had his Monte taken by a neighbor who stole it for parts.

Bottom line: people suck, Man.

HurstOlds

Master Mechanic
Sep 21, 2007
Illinois
Well I just bought another G body. I'll be hanging around here A LOT more. Do you guys know where i can buy one of those steering column collars? I remember seeing them on eBay but now I can't seem to find them

What are they called, or what should I search for?

Thanks

3XBrownCutty

Royal Smart Person
Mar 20, 2008
NW PA
Look them up on the search here. I remember someone posted up a nice site with a bunch of different kinds including the one you can keep on the car all the time. If/when I get one, I'll get that kind^

84GP455

G-Body Guru
Jun 19, 2007
Methuen Ma.
I got my column lock through JCwhitney.com They sell them for all GM vehicles from 1982-1985 i think those are the 4 years that GM decided to cut corners and use plastic steering columns instead of steel. I believe that Jeep also had these plastic columns and this will also fit the GM vehicles. It is well worth the money and a little peace of mind, that along with a couple of other theft deterrent devices.

midwestls

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2007
Bismarck North Dakota
HurstOlds said:
Well I just bought another G body. I'll be hanging around here A LOT more. Do you guys know where i can buy one of those steering column collars? I remember seeing them on eBay but now I can't seem to find them

What are they called, or what should I search for?

Thanks[/quotI like these, they work great I got a buddy that caught two guys in his Cutlass tryin too get past it. Needless to say they both met an aluminum bat :lol: :lol:

https://www.kirbanperformance.com/produ ... e+GNX.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor