1985 Buick Regal Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

83Hyrbyd

Apprentice
Jun 7, 2011
VA
383S10 said:
HA HA.....Imperial ST......stormtropper thats is so kewl.....I should accent mine with a red pinstrip and call myself Boba Fett since he was the only one on Star Wars to smack to and back down Dart Vader......your build is so nice.and I need you to tell me about the sway bars you got I need that to be my next move as well as the GP bracing.....keep it coming......

Thanks, the front sway bar is a 36mm hollow from an 88 or 89 Pontiac Firebird Formula only cost like $18 or so.I just sanded it and painted it Massey Ferguson Red from Hardware store.The rear is the stocker I think it is a 7/8 or smaller not sure haven't measured it (its only temporary).

beeterolds said:
Looks good sir!!

Those solid bumper supports will also help stabilize the frame.. as they now allow the bumper to be a solid attachment... you'll notice a change in chassis movement.. it will be a lot stiffer!!

car looks nice man!! I wish half our cars looked this good in NE ohio..but nasty winters and salt destroy nice cars fast :(

Thankyou, I was going to gut the front bumper but it was a solid aluminum piece and weighed nothing so I put it back in instead of the single steel ones.The aluminum brackets are so light compared to the steel ones with the shock.

Got some more updates so I took the engine out finally was pretty difficult with the headers hitting everything on the way up.But finally after about 2hrs its out and I started on the headers as seen in previous pics and now unto the drivetrain.I sanded, degreased, masked, primed and painted it MF Red like the sway bars.I was going to just do the engine but the transmission looked so lonely so it got a couple of coats also.Came out pretty good and I haven't clear coated it yet.I am going to clear it then install the new motor mounts and starter then drop her back in after the headers are redone.

Primered
001.jpg

002.jpg

1st coat -outside
003.jpg

2nd coat -inside
005.jpg

004.jpg

bigtmoney

Greasemonkey
Dec 11, 2011
Dallas, TX
You're gonna have a tough looking engine bay man, that's some nice details.

Bar50

Royal Smart Person
Jan 1, 2009
Tulsa, OK
Looking good so far.

Dig the storm trooper white. I always was a fan of the albino GN's!

Gonna' leave the AC box/stuff in or delete it?

By the way, what headers are those? I didn't know anyone made them that would fit in a G-body!!?!

The red looks awesome!

83Hyrbyd

Apprentice
Jun 7, 2011
VA
Bar50 said:
Looking good so far.

Dig the storm trooper white. I always was a fan of the albino GN's!

Gonna' leave the AC box/stuff in or delete it?

By the way, what headers are those? I didn't know anyone made them that would fit in a G-body!!?!

The red looks awesome!

Thanks
Yeah no A/C for now I already got the delete panel.I totally forgot about taking pics of the engine bay and the interior.I've been too busy on the suspension and drivetrain, I will take pics tomorrow and show the unseen side of my build.The headers are Hooker Headers.I don't think their for a G-body because of how much I struggled with them and how close they are to everything.

viperedvette

Apprentice
May 9, 2012
Saskatchewan, Canada
Very nice Regal!!.....I can't wait to see the engine mounted. What rims and tires are you going to use on it? The old? or new?

avin85cutty

Apprentice
Feb 9, 2012
great thread loving the build

83Hyrbyd

Apprentice
Jun 7, 2011
VA
viperedvette said:
Very nice Regal!!.....I can't wait to see the engine mounted. What rims and <a class="vglnk" title="Link added by VigLink" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" href="http://motors.shop.ebay.com/eBay-Motors-/6000/i.html?_nkw=tires&_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_rdc=1"><span>tires</span></a> are you going to use on it? The old? or new?

Thanks, I will be going with the new ones they are Chevrolet Rallies 15x7 on 215/60/15 front and 15x8 on 295/50/15 on the back.The front is a smaller then I had thought so I will be going 235/60/15 soon.The rims that came with it are 14x6 Buick rallies with some skinny whitewall tires.I might go those every once and awhile to give it a sleeper look.

I got everything ready and hopefully the engine will be in tomorrow if it doesnt give me too many problems.I patched the headers with some Quicksteel and finished sanding them and painted them, I will have pics tomorrow.Got a new transmission mount for a whopping $2 from rockauto because mine the rubber ripped off of the metal.It was just like the motor mounts they were both ripped, one had a huge tear all the way around.The buick 350 is torque happy.Got some of the interior too its mismatch right now but I will be getting some new front seats just not sure what kind yet.I was thinking the cavalier/ sunfire seats, I was testing them out at the junk yard.They are lighter and I like the side support.Out of the 3 interiors I have I decided to go the Regal Limited grey.

004.jpg

001.jpg

003.jpg

007.jpg

017.jpg

83Hyrbyd

Apprentice
Jun 7, 2011
VA
So here are the pics of the old motor mounts.

002.jpg

004.jpg

I finally got the motor in and it was fighting the entire time.The headers I had tied to the sides and tried to drop the engine in like that but they hit at so many spots, so I untied them and took them both off and tried like that.I was worried that I wouldn't be able to slip them in after but they barely squeeze in after some persuasion.After dropping it in and looking at how much it dropped I was very happy with the suspension.I haven't put all the things on the car but it will add some more weight and the springs should settle would be nice to get another 1/4 inch or more.Hoping it will handle a lot better.

001.jpg

006.jpg

005.jpg

lildhix

Master Mechanic
Jan 9, 2011
niiiice

83Hyrbyd

Apprentice
Jun 7, 2011
VA
Purchased a brand new window and got it installed because my old one had a big crack across the middle.The new window has an antenna built in thought that was pretty nice since the old spot has been shaved.You can see 1 gold line that goes down the middle of the windshield in this photo.There are two that go down to the bottom and have a connection for the stereo near the wiper arm.

009.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor