1985 GMC Caballero - Rare?

G

Greasy46

n00b
Oct 26, 2019
Please, DO NOT RUIN THAT PIECE OF HISTORY! There was 1 built for every 10 El Caminos! Granted they are the same pretty much other than the badges, but they are HISTORY!!! I have a 78 Cabellero, 1 of 5426. Don't RUIN it with an LS swap, stay stock

5spdCab

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 29, 2019
Tukwila, Wa.
Please, DO NOT RUIN THAT PIECE OF HISTORY! There was 1 built for every 10 El Caminos! Granted they are the same pretty much other than the badges, but they are HISTORY!!! I have a 78 Cabellero, 1 of 5426. Don't RUIN it with an LS swap, stay stock
I also wondered about "rarity" before I did an engine swap in my '78 Caballero. Mine came factory V-6 (The smaller of the two V-6s) with a 3 spd Saginaw stick shift. Converted to a 307 V-8 with 5 spd Borg-Warner taken from a '92 S10 pick-up.
As an earlier poster said, "Make it enjoyable". I do not live in a place where the highest elevation in town is the freeway overpass, I live outside of Seattle, Wa. where you can't go more than a quarter mile in one direction or another, that is uphill or
downhill. My tired old V-6/3spd combo was to the point where I had to pray not to be rear ended trying to get up to speed when entering the freeway, or that I would have the power to climb the hill without stalling (In first gear mind you).
I realize that you don't agree, but I feel that I did the best thing for my vehicle. I still have quite a few things that I want to upgrade, but it's in better shape now than it was just a couple of years ago.

Reactions: oldsmobile joe
jlcustomz

jlcustomz

G-Body Guru
Nov 22, 2011
Guess I never saw this thread before.
My 83 caballero looked pretty similar to the original posters except for the wire hub caps & lazer stripes, along with the olds 250 in place of the diesel.
So, I guess noobie Greasy would really hate he huh. :roll: Too bad.

Reactions: fleming442
D

Doug Chahoy

Royal Smart Person
Nov 21, 2016
Since when does unpopular legitimately constitute RARE? Hell if I can find a Yugo I’ll restore it to original and make a fortune LOL. Watch the . .auctions, with very few exceptions, restomods bring a lot higher sale price than originals. Do what you want to enjoy it.

Reactions: fleming442

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck ConsolesDixie Restoration DepotMike's MontesP-S-TSouthside Machine PerformanceUMI Performance

contact[email protected]for info on becoming a sponsor