1985 GMC Caballero - Rare?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greasy46

n00b
Oct 26, 2019
Please, DO NOT RUIN THAT PIECE OF HISTORY! There was 1 built for every 10 El Caminos! Granted they are the same pretty much other than the badges, but they are HISTORY!!! I have a 78 Cabellero, 1 of 5426. Don't RUIN it with an LS swap, stay stock

• Haha
  • Dislike
Reactions: 1 users

5spdCab

Royal Smart Person
Dec 29, 2019
Tukwila, Wa.
Please, DO NOT RUIN THAT PIECE OF HISTORY! There was 1 built for every 10 El Caminos! Granted they are the same pretty much other than the badges, but they are HISTORY!!! I have a 78 Cabellero, 1 of 5426. Don't RUIN it with an LS swap, stay stock
I also wondered about "rarity" before I did an engine swap in my '78 Caballero. Mine came factory V-6 (The smaller of the two V-6s) with a 3 spd Saginaw stick shift. Converted to a 307 V-8 with 5 spd Borg-Warner taken from a '92 S10 pick-up.
As an earlier poster said, "Make it enjoyable". I do not live in a place where the highest elevation in town is the freeway overpass, I live outside of Seattle, Wa. where you can't go more than a quarter mile in one direction or another, that is uphill or
downhill. My tired old V-6/3spd combo was to the point where I had to pray not to be rear ended trying to get up to speed when entering the freeway, or that I would have the power to climb the hill without stalling (In first gear mind you).
I realize that you don't agree, but I feel that I did the best thing for my vehicle. I still have quite a few things that I want to upgrade, but it's in better shape now than it was just a couple of years ago.

Reactions: 1 user

jlcustomz

G-Body Guru
Nov 22, 2011
Guess I never saw this thread before.
My 83 caballero looked pretty similar to the original posters except for the wire hub caps & lazer stripes, along with the olds 250 in place of the diesel.
So, I guess noobie Greasy would really hate he huh. :roll: Too bad.

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
Since when does unpopular legitimately constitute RARE? Hell if I can find a Yugo I’ll restore it to original and make a fortune LOL. Watch the . .auctions, with very few exceptions, restomods bring a lot higher sale price than originals. Do what you want to enjoy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor