1986 Camaro IROC-Z28, What Should I Take?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RustRocket

Master Mechanic
Sep 8, 2014
Las Vegas, Nevada
Hello all, my brother has finally given up on his '86 IROC project, and now he says I can take whatever I want. The interior is totally wasted, and he's taking the engine/trans, and the 3.42 rear gears. I'm not sure what I can take, maybe some suspension parts? I was going to take the shifter just for sh**s and gigs, but I honestly don't know what else I would take. Any information is great, thanks

Attachments

• VanBuickCamaro 004.JPG
    VanBuickCamaro 004.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 561

RustRocket

Master Mechanic
Sep 8, 2014
Las Vegas, Nevada
Ok, after looking through the sticky thread on here, I'm thinking I'll take the shifter, the fast ratio steering box & pitman arm, the front sway bar, and I was contemplating taking the aluminum rear drums. Is there anything else I should get that's easy to grab? Thanks

RustRocket

Master Mechanic
Sep 8, 2014
Las Vegas, Nevada
:bump:

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Take the console, if it's any good.,,and the center parking brake setup.

RustRocket

Master Mechanic
Sep 8, 2014
Las Vegas, Nevada
The console is crap, and I'd love to take the seats too but they're red/black and in terrible shape. The parking brake also doesn't work, like it's completely disconnected.

RustRocket

Master Mechanic
Sep 8, 2014
Las Vegas, Nevada
I couldn't use it for my car, but is the roll-out luggage cover for the rear hatch worth anything? I think it's made of vinyl or a similar material. Any info's great, thanks

alphamale

Apprentice
Jan 29, 2009
Georgia
If you don't want the aluminum drums I'll take them off your hands.

RustRocket

Master Mechanic
Sep 8, 2014
Las Vegas, Nevada
The car's been sold, so I can't take anything else. Also, I took a magnet to the drums and I don't think they're aluminum(I probably should have known from the rust). I took the OD 4-speed shifter, as I do plan on swapping an OD trans into my car eventually, I couldn't get the steering box out but it doesn't really matter, the car's sold so it's not our problem anymore. Thanks for the interest though

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor