1986 Cutlass Salon Thread: New Wheel Pics (8/31/09)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoda

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 15, 2008
So ... there's another 86 Salon with the same tail lights as mine ... interesting.

350_85cutty

Master Mechanic
Sep 2, 2007
West, TX
your car is sick, looks way different and has a whole new attitude with those wheels and tire! Cragar soft 8's right? where do you get black lugnuts? I wanted to do the same but opted just to do my rallys black powdercoat

dogsht

Royal Smart Person
Nov 11, 2008
Dayton, OH
86 UCF, The wheels & tires look great! As do the blacked grill and inside headlight besels. Nice touch. fwiw (not that you asked) I'll bet you would get even more compliments if you took off the springy header panel emblem, plastic stick-on Olds emblem squares, door ding sticky, and stainless chrome bottom panels oh yea and the mud flaps. Naturally its just an opinion and something you can ponder er poll any of the items. I had all that stuff on previous cars but eventually took them off and got lots of unsolicited compliments on the changes from people that I never mentioned anything about takeing them off. Also if you get a cheap buffer wheel you would not believe how much shine will come out of that paint. Surprisingly its not a lot of work won't take a lot of time and the results will take her from ordinary to wow. Then or sometime shortly after put on a good wax/finisher so she stays that way. She will really start to get noticed.

350_85cutty

Master Mechanic
Sep 2, 2007
West, TX
I wouldn't change the car a bit! Love the mudflaps, all the chrome rocker trim and door ding strips, everything even the vinyl top. I say leave it alone, i guess you could try to buff the paint, but I love the car as it is...too many people opt to take all that off and it takes alot away from the car, that's how it came i think it should stay

86CutlassUCF

Master Mechanic
Nov 14, 2008
Central FL
no idea what happened to my last pics i posted but here they are again

9/11/2009 Cragar Soft 8s Black Center Caps and Lug nuts Rear 15x8 255 60 Front 15x7 235 60

picturezzz395.jpg

picturezzz426.jpg

picturezzz445.jpg

picturezzz407.jpg

picturezzz437.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor