1986 Cutlass TTop owner in VA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Topless86Cut

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 7, 2013
Virginia
First car was a 1985 Cutlass back in 97 and when I sold it for $40 in 2000 for a blown engine I have regret it since. :blam: I told my wife in early 2000s if I ever came accross another one I was getting it. My luck in summer of 2005 I found my 86 TTop with 80,000 miles on a rebuilt engine for less than $2000. 😀 😀 I have spent every day since watching it deteriate from my lack of funds and time to fix it up (a young family would do that to you). 😢 🙁 I have started back into it creating a list (that is always changing) so I can have a nice weekend driver that I can take the tops of and cruise the streets. :idea: :idea: I have fixed the radio wiring :lightsab: (poor aftermarket job) butchered the factory harness out. I also replaced the non-working power antenna with an aftermarket one that seems to be working pretty good so far. Next is getting it in the shop to do body work and slap a nice paint job on it. Not going to bore you with my whole wishlist but plan on updating the album as the progress is made. I will be blowing up the threads as I am a novice car guy with a big love for american muscle Oldsmobiles and thank everyone in advance with your knowledge. :banana:

Welcome. As one VA novice to another, this place is definitely the premiere source for G-body info. Congrats for getting back into the G-body game. Where abouts in VA are you from?

79CMC said:
Welcome. As one VA novice to another, this place is definitely the premiere source for G-body info. Congrats for getting back into the G-body game. Where abouts in VA are you from?

thanks. I am looking forward to it. I am in Northern VA Stafford/Woodbridge area. You? @79CMC

Topless86Cut said:
79CMC said:

thanks. I am looking forward to it. I am in Northern VA Stafford/Woodbridge area. You? @79CMC

Ah gotcha. I did some training up in Quantico for awhile. I hated the traffic on 95 ha. I'm originally from Hampton but have been station in NC for about 4 years. Good to have you on board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor