1986 olds G body seats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bernhard

Greasemonkey
May 14, 2009
I have a new olds G body 1986 2 dr. The car came with a split bench seat, will a set of buckets bolt up or do I have to change the brackets. I want to swap out the dash, is there a ac and non ac dash? One of the doors has rot what year doors will fit? Are the doors olds G body only? I want to remove the ac and make the car non ac are the ducts the same under the dash. And are the vents on the dash the same I would like to know what parts i need to make the swap. Thanks. Bernhard

86g

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 28, 2010
I have an 86 cutlass and want to do the same swap on my seats too, so i hope someone will answer your question on that but the doors from any year g body cutlass (82-87.5) and Buick Regal's of the same years are also perfect matches. Body lines on outer door skin are not the same as Monte Carlo and Grand Prix. As far as the ac you just remove the underhood components and leave the rest. If you want the controls removed all you have to do is remove and unplug but as far as I know all US made cutlasses had ventalation controls for heat and fresh air/defrost, from the factory. If you want complete removal all you would have to do is remove control panel, unhook wiring, and fabricate panel to fill hole at your choice. I hope this helped and hope you get an answer on what is required for bench to bucket/console swap.

mr evil

Aug 4, 2009
Sooke, BC, Canada
Split bench to buckets is a swap and go, where as full bench would require addition of inner (tunnel side) bracket pads to install buckets. You should both be fine to just swap. You can also also swap a variety of different GM seats onto your existing tracks with little or no modification.

dan2286

Royal Smart Person
Mar 25, 2008
Cleveland, Ohio
You can get a non a/c heater box. I am pretty sure you need all of the duct work and controls. I believe there is a different panel that goes under the steering column and I think there is no vent on the driver side and maybe passenger side. The dash is the same.

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
'81-'87 Cutlass and Regal doors will fit.

Every single piece of the Non a/c set up is different from the A/C set up, requiring complete removal of the dash to swap the parts. I've done this swap on both of my Oldsmobiles.
Your best bet is to get a complete set up from another Olds, since there are several brand specific pieces that are a nightmare to try and track down individually.

Here you can see the trim piece around the head light switch lacks a vent. This is one of the many hard to find Olds-specific non a/c parts.
3895230028_large.jpg

Here you can see that only one of the two vents over the glove box is functional, and one is a dummy.
The glove box liner is also different.
3895230029_large.jpg

These are the fresh air vent controls that mount below the column
31736620069_large.jpg

Different controls as well.
31736620082_large.jpg

[email protected]

Greasemonkey
Jan 9, 2009
Wisconsin
I have an A/C Delete swap available, it's listed in the "auction links" section.
pics109.jpg

Check out my feedback.
Contact me directly with any Questions -Mickie Schneider

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor