1986 regal fuel lines 383/th400/373

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryebonti123

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 21, 2017
Hi Eveyone,

Im in the middle of changing the stock 307sbo to a 383sbc. Its bolted in and now i'm figuring eveything else out... Also, this is the first time I've done a motor swap.
I have a few questions 1) The factory fuel set up has a supply, a return line, and a fuel tank breather. All factory. The tank breather goes from the tank to the front into what I believe is a charcoal type filter then into the existing carb. I've already purchased a 750 edelbrock carb. Can I delete the breather components and just add a small filter, or is that a required line for the carb? Does the return line have a feed from the carb, or does that get capped?
2) Im going to switch the battery over to the passenger side of the car since the battery trays are interchangeable and now my starter is on the other side. Does someone sell a new wiring harness with just whats needed? I have this nest of wires...Most of which are not going to be used anymore.
3) th400 and the 2004r have a different spline... Does anyone know what spline a th400 has.
4) Have the stock radiator boiled out or buy a new one? To boil out I believe will cost me 230.00

Thank you for all the help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor